Sarah Palin speaks to electability issue

Valin

43345.html
Politico:

JONATHAN MARTIN
10/8/10

Speaking to a group of well-connected Republicans at a private dinner in Florida this week, Sarah Palin implicitly addressed questions about her own electability by noting that critics also said Ronald Reagan couldn’t win in 1980, three attendees told POLITICO.

Palin, at an event organized by the conservative magazine Newsmax, told the right-wing crowd that those who don’t have the same convictions will always say a true conservative can’t win.

(Snip)

Palin discussed the importance of keeping the tea party movement in the GOP but criticized establishment Republicans who she said weren’t listening to the party’s grass roots by supporting moderate candidates over conservatives. If the party recaptures Congress, she said, Republicans must govern differently than in the Bush years and show more fidelity to small-government principles on spending.

(Snip)

If Palin wants to run then she should run. It's up to her to reverse peoples' opinions of her. Right now, she is only focusing on these small groups, FNC and speeches for other peoples' campaigns. She has a very uphill battle because she has let the opinions of the MSM fester for years without fighting back. Her book doesn't count.

In the end, all of the proposed candidates have baggage. Let them make their cases to the voters who have the ultimate decision

pollyannaish

I have to say that I don't like the games. It drives me nuts with Newt, and it drives me nuts with Palin and it drives me nuts with a big long list of candidates.

I want people to be serious candidates, who are focused completely on getting the JOB done, not just getting elected. Politics is not a combination of American Idol and Survivor. It is a hard job and winning is the BEGINNING of the hard work, not the important part of the job.

Just ask President Obama.

I have to say that I don't like the games. It drives me nuts with Newt, and it drives me nuts with Palin and it drives me nuts with a big long list of candidates.

I want people to be serious candidates, who are focused completely on getting the JOB done, not just getting elected. Politics is not a combination of American Idol and Survivor. It is a hard job and winning is the BEGINNING of the hard work, not the important part of the job.

I would ask him but he is out golfing today...for the 52nd time since taking office. :angry:

pollyannaish

I would ask him but he is out golfing today...for the 52nd time since taking office. :angry:

LOL. See! There's a guy who did a great job campaigning...and then thought he was done and got to go on vacation. <_<

LOL. See! There's a guy who did a great job campaigning...and then thought he was done and got to go on vacation. <_<

The great campaigner will be heading to PA tomorrow for the DNC event, Move America Forward for Sestak.

When does he begin to be president?

pollyannaish

The great campaigner will be heading to PA tomorrow for the DNC event, Move America Forward for Sestak.

When does he begin to be president?

As soon as the job gets easier and more fun.