Palin warns the Left will get more destructive as Dems’ poll numbers decrease

clearvision

palin-warns-the-left-will-get-more-destructive-as-dems-poll-numbers-decrease
Examiner.com:

Sarah Palin is warning conservatives and Republicans that the Left will get more destructive as their poll numbers before the midterm elections continue to decrease. Speaking on Sean Hannity’s Fox News show last night, Palin appeared to give her analysis on what to do to fix the economy, how Republicans should handle the destructive smears from the Left before the midterms, and what the Republicans’ closing argument should be to make their case to voters. With pre-midterm polling data showing only increasing dominance on the Republican side and a wider gulf between who voters say they’ll choose, the Democrat Smear Machine is gearing up its ugly self in full force, mainly because Democrats have no record to run on. Insofar, they would rather resort to the politics of personal destruction than discuss why and how their party has screwed up the US in just a few short years.

With new and depressing polling numbers out from Gallup that show Democrats losing big time in both scenarios of high and low voter turnout, Palin’s warning to expect only the slimiest, dirtiest gutter-politics from the uncivil and hateful partisans on the Left is oh-so-true. There have already been increasing signs just in the last few weeks of this repulsive and worsening trend by the Party of No Ideas And Only Name-Calling (read: the Democrat Party). :snip:

------------
I'm not actually posting this one because it has Palin in it, I was trying to find an article that summed up a bunch of articles I was seeing today, but did not want to actually post or link. This Palin article was the first I hit.

I saw two new sets of articles today.

The first was against Johnson running for Senate in Wisconsin. It is a big AP piece titled "Johnson nets savings on prison labor". It goes into excruciating detail that his companies hire a few prison work release employees as part of a program (that other companies participate in too) AND he DOES NOT give them health benefits. Yep he is screwing these "start up" employees that he is willing to hire in the first place as part of a community program by not giving them health care coverage. Of course other spins on the article just say he is hiring prison labor.

Next one is by... wait for it.... the AP again, titled "Ex-client sues GOP candidate for Minn. governor". Seems a former client of Tom Emmer (a lawyer) running for governor has sued him for legal malpractice from a 2009 case. Details seem to point to guy wanted to defend himself and some how Tom came to be involved. But anyway a lawsuit, no proof of anything, and first hearing won't be until Nov. 8th. Quite a detailed and long article too.

Anyway I did not provide links based on other articles posted here today that may indicate this is part of a systematic attempt to get news linked high in Google searches.

If anyone else sees such things and does not want to post links to them, please feel free to add to this post.

Also out tonite on Kirk (Rep) running in Illinois who was secretly taped this week.

The Kirk campaign confirms the congressman was secretly taped this week while telling state Republican leaders about his hiring of a voter integrity squad to concentrate on four regions that happen to be areas populated by large numbers of African-Americans who vote heavily Democratic.

"These are lawyers and other people that will be deployed in key, vulnerable precincts, for example, South and West sides of Chicago, Rockford, Metro East, where the other side might be tempted to jigger the numbers somewhat".

"For him to insinuate that there is some vote fraud going on in these communities is just an insult to the hundreds and hundreds of people who serve as election judges on elections. I find it disgraceful and insulting," said Ald. Freddrenna Lyle.

Lyle, a Democratic Committee member and an Alexi Giannoulias supporter, and others were offended by Kirk's use of the verb "jigger" when talking about regions heavily populated by black voters.

The Merriam-Webster dictionary says "jigger" does mean "to alter, re-arrange, or manipulate" and has been used by many politicians to describe election fraud.

"The problem I had is that it sounds so much like another word," Rev. Albert Tyson said.

:wallbash:

Add a Texas race to the pile:

Exclusive: Bankruptcy of Edwards challenger Bill Flores' business cost taxpayers $7.5 million

Friday, October 8, 2010

The Dallas Morning News

The Republican challenger who has assailed Rep. Chet Edwards for supporting taxpayer bailouts once led his company through a bankruptcy that let it avoid a $7.5 million debt to the U.S. government.

Although Bill Flores, a retired Bryan energy executive, has said all creditors were fully repaid with interest, court records show otherwise. The 1992 bankruptcy allowed Marine Rig 200 Inc. to repay just $3 million of $10.5 million owed to the U.S. Maritime Administration, which held the mortgage on a drilling rig the company owned.

Add a Texas race to the pile:

Exclusive: Bankruptcy of Edwards challenger Bill Flores' business cost taxpayers $7.5 million

Friday, October 8, 2010

The Dallas Morning News

The Republican challenger who has assailed Rep. Chet Edwards for supporting taxpayer bailouts once led his company through a bankruptcy that let it avoid a $7.5 million debt to the U.S. government.

Although Bill Flores, a retired Bryan energy executive, has said all creditors were fully repaid with interest, court records show otherwise. The 1992 bankruptcy allowed Marine Rig 200 Inc. to repay just $3 million of $10.5 million owed to the U.S. Maritime Administration, which held the mortgage on a drilling rig the company owned.

Although this one is not as blatant to me as someone's company going bankrupt might counter their ability to lead effectively. More detail of what went on would be needed.

Edited: Ha of course experience with Bankruptcy might be just what is needed in future US leaders.

OK I'm really pissed off about this stuff. Thinking on the Linda McMahon (WWE) running in Connecticut and Carly Fiorina and Meg Whitman it is almost impossible to run for office if you have run a company. There are always issues running a company and if they can all be used against you and voters react then we are stuck with a bunch of people who have never done anything running our county.

(Here's a neutral article about Palin posted in Salon)sarcasm

Americans hate Sarah Palin

Americans who read Salon probably do dislike her. I wonder what their subscription base is.

Americans who read Salon probably do dislike her. I wonder what their subscription base is.

Salon is still around?! I thought they closed shop after Dubya beat Algore. They must have some big benefactors who subscribe to keep them viable. All 4 of them... :blink:

Atlanta Journal Consitution:

The day before losing a brutally close Republican gubernatorial runoff to Nathan Deal, f0rmer Secretary of State Karen Handel had what seemed the perfect closing argument: A personal visit and rally with Sarah Palin.

But, the next day the former Alaska governor and Republican megastar was gone and Handel lost by fewer than 2,500 votes.

The cost of bringing Palin and her family to town? More than $100,000.

Handel’s campaign paid an Ohio jet charter service nearly $92,000 and her latest campaign finance report shows it was for the Palin event. Handel also paid an additional $13,000 in expenses to the InterContinental Hotel in Buckhead for the event.

snip

http://www.therightreasons.net/index.php?/topic/25743-handels-tab-for-palins-visit-more-than-100000/

Doesn't this one go here too?

I have a separate computer to auto reload Salon every 2 minutes from random IPs. That is what's keeping them in business.

:P

Salon is still around?! I thought they closed shop after Dubya beat Algore. They must have some big benefactors who subscribe to keep them viable. All 4 of them... :blink:

Why is This GOP House Candidate Dressed as a Nazi?

Oct 8 2010, 10:00 PM ET Comment

An election year already notable for its menagerie of extreme and unusual candidates can add another one: Rich Iott, the Republican nominee for Congress from Ohio's 9th District, and a Tea Party favorite, who for years donned a German Waffen SS uniform and participated in Nazi re-enactments.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2010/10/why-is-this-gop-house-candidate-dressed-as-a-nazi/64319

Answer - he's a reenactor.

What next, are we going to find out a Governor in this country acted as one of a group of machines designed to seek out and destroy humans?

New Democratic message against Colorado Republican Senate hopeful, Ken Buck [challenger to Michael Bennet]:

"Ken Buck says that '....nowhere in the Constitution, does it say the Federal government should be in the business of student loans'"......."Ken Buck, wrong for Colorado......he wants to deprive your children of an education!"

In addition, they have pointed out that he has said, "Choose me, because I don't wear high heels....."........an obvious slur on women!

"He.....gasp....."wears cowboy boots!"