72,000 stimulus payments went to dead people

Rheo

AR2010100704921.html
Washington Post:

WASHINGTON -- A government investigator says 89,000 stimulus payments of $250 each went to people who were either dead or in prison.

The Social Security Administration's inspector general said in a report Thursday that $18 million went to 72,000 people who were dead. The report estimates that a little more than half the payments were returned.

The report said $4.3 million went to a little more than 17,000 prison inmates.

The payments were part of the government's massive economic recovery package enacted in February 2009. Under the law, the $250 payments were sent to about 52 million Social Security recipients and federal retirees.

:angry:

Twitter had a thread about "Why I voted Democrat". One of the answers was 'because when I was alive I voted Republican.'

Twitter had a thread about "Why I voted Democrat". One of the answers was 'because when I was alive I voted Republican.'

:lol:

pollyannaish

Bwahahahaha! Shake that person's hand.

pollyannaish

By the way, I just want to say in all fairness, I bet checks go out to dead people in Republican administrations as well. It's just a GREAT example of why big government trying to do good is one of the biggest lies in the world. It just doesn't do this stuff well or efficiently. It's not really its fault, it's the result of too many fingers in the pot.

A small government, is an effective government.

No one here would be surprised that there would be massive screw ups when it comes to giving away tax money. But remember, the system is working per the Regime.

I say dittos to what shoutNCJim wrote above.

I am suspicious that there are only 72,000 such payments. This is the tip of an iceberg.

Bwahahahaha! Shake that person's hand.

astroterf

#WhyImVotingDemocrat Even in the after-life, I want to do my patriotic duty.

I've been "mostly dead" for quite a few years........and.....not a cent from them.....even though I'm registered as UNAF.

SoonerCubby

Because I want Congress to socialize... er... uh... uh... (oh damn what was that word... oh yeah) take over the banks. #WhyImVotingDemocrat

OK I'll admit I'm not dead and I'm not in prison..... I don't recall getting any sort of stimulus "check". I guess I (unlike these people) had to do something to get this check?

OK I'll admit I'm not dead and I'm not in prison..... I don't recall getting any sort of stimulus "check". I guess I (unlike these people) had to do something to get this check?

I told them you died in prison, they sent me two checks. You know those shoes you really love? yeah.

Being an Obama zombie helps.

"Because I'm a 3rd generation section 8 recipient and have 3 more generations to go before I'm tenured. "

#whyimvotingdemocrat

Being an Obama zombie helps.

Also called: Donkey Zombies!

"Because I'm for open borders, but have no skills to compete--damn right I better get unemployment benefits"

#whyimvotingdemocrat

Because we must never return to the Bush-Cheney nightmare of debt, war & 7% unemployment-iowahawkblog

@ Left Coast Rebel-Why I'm Voting Democrat!