GOP takeover of Congress would mean 'hand-to-hand combat,' Obama warns

clearvision

la-pn-obama-base-20101008,0,6063786.story
Los Angeles Times:

A Republican majority in Congress would mean "hand-to-hand combat" on Capitol Hill for the next two years, threatening policies Democrats have enacted to stabilize the economy, President Obama warned Thursday.

Speaking on Michael Baisden's syndicated radio show, Obama also made a direct appeal to African Americans about the importance of the November vote, even though he's not on the ballot himself.

"The reason we won [in 2008] is because young people, African Americans, Latinos -- people who traditionally don't vote in high numbers -- voted in record numbers. We've got to have that same kind of turnout in this election," he said. "If we think that we can just vote one time, then we have a nice party at Obama's inauguration, and then we can kind of sit back and suddenly everything's going to change – that's just not how it works."

------
Biden's going to choke Republicans. Obamba sees hand-to-hand combat. Quite a violent executive branch we have here. Too bad some of this is not being taken out on our enemies.

This may do more to fire up the GOP than any RAT. Setup a steel cage match between Obambi and Boehner and I guarantee that 'The Chosen One' will lose, if he doesn't chicken out first. :lol:

:lol:

Stabilize the economy. Riiiiiiiiiiggggggggghhhhhhhhht.

I take it you disagree with "The One".

A Republican majority in Congress would mean "hand-to-hand combat" on Capitol Hill for the next two years

And the downside is.........?

pollyannaish
A Republican majority in Congress would mean "hand-to-hand combat" on Capitol Hill for the next two years

And the downside is.........?

Exactly. I can't think of anything that is more needed than this.

It'd be scary if it was tag-team, and "Moo" was in his corner.

I could see a "Celebrity Death Match" scenario.

No UN referee's though!

That means that we are going to have just hand-to-hand combat up here on Capitol Hill."

That's an amazing statement, even if you don't take it literally.

Especially from a short-haired big-eared loud mouth whose closest experience to war has been fighting Michelle for another scoop of ice cream or a slice of wagyu beef.

That means that we are going to have just hand-to-hand combat up here on Capitol Hill."

That's an amazing statement, even if you don't take it literally.