Ex-rep. trips on birther issue

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
42677.html
Politico:

Tim Walberg, the former GOP congressman running to win back his Michigan seat from freshman Democratic Rep. Mark Schauer, says he doesn't know whether President Obama was born in America or if he is a Muslim.

Asked on a local call-in radio show whether he believes Obama was born in America or if the president is a Muslim, Walberg said Thursday he wasn't sure.

"My question is, do you believe this president was born in America, because I have not seen enough evidence to see he is an American citizen and do you believe that he is a Muslim?" the caller asked.

"You know, I don't know. I really don't know. We don't have enough information about this president. He was never given a job interview that was complete," Walberg answered. "But that's not the issue now. He is president. Right now we need to make sure that he doesn't remain as president, whether he's an American, a Muslim, a Christian, you name it."

In a folllow-up statement Friday, Walberg clarified his remarks and said he believes the president is telling the truth about his religious beliefs. "I take President Obama at his word that he is a Christian and was born here in America," Walberg said. "Now, it's time that we focus on the real issues facing this country."
________

And I think we know why he's an ex Congresscritter... :wacko: