GOP Rep. Mike Castle not ruling out write-in run

Guest areafiftyone

Guest areafiftyone
Castle-not-ruling-out-write-in-run
DELAWARE ONLINE :

Describing himself as "hurt and stunned" by his Senate primary defeat to Christine O'Donnell more than a week ago, Rep. Mike Castle said Wednesday he isn't ruling out the possibility of a write-in campaign

The Delaware Republican said he "probably" would not run, but has not ruled it out "simply because it's there, simply because I've had a number of people who've asked that I do that," he told reporters outside the House floor following votes.

The day after his 53.1 percent to 46.9 percent loss to O'Donnell on Sept. 14, Castle's staff said he would not launch a write-in campaign.

snip

I am trying to figure out whether this will be more harmful to Coons or O'Donnell. I am embarrassed for both Castle and Murkowski. Being a sore loser is never a good thing. The Primary is where people have a choice. In the general, these people are just spoilers.

I am trying to figure out whether this will be more harmful to Coons or O'Donnell. I am embarrassed for both Castle and Murkowski. Being a sore loser is never a good thing. The Primary is where people have a choice. In the general, these people are just spoilers.

Not sure how it would play out in Delaware, but in Alaska Murkowski's write in bid is actually doing more to split the Democrat vote than the Republican. If I could be sure that the trend would repeat itself, I would root for Castle to go for it.

I guess this is the new sign of how to spot a RINO.....if they lose a primary, they either change parties, or try a write-in campaign. Kind of brings into question their motives for running.

Coons is more likely to have some adverse impact but it's not clear that it would be enough to hurt his campaign to the point of losing. CW is that this helps Christine O'Donnell but I am not sure by how much.

The problem is that if you believe the polls, only 4% of voters were undecided. It's still weeks out and with all the publicity, it would seem that people could change their minds.

Dick Morris says that almost all the undecideds nation-wide will break to the GOP at this point. From his mouth to God's ear. Lots of strange things happen when a tidal wave crests in the first week of November. Which I hope it does.

What if half the Democrats don't turn out to vote? The bearded Marxist is not out of the woods yet.

The Rockefeller Republicans(i.e. Crist, Murkowski, and Castle) are demonstrating they won't go down without making an ass of themselves by being sore losers.