Obama's CNBC Townhall Was a Disaster

Geee

obamas_cnbc_townhall_was_a_disaster
Townhall:

President Obama's CNBC "townhall" was a disaster for the White House message machine, so much so you have to wonder if the president isn't suggesting that Robert Gibbs leave along with Rahm and Larry.

Lost among the coverage given to the "I'm exhausted" exchange between the president and Velma Hart was a stunner from the president that went this way:

"The rhetoric and the politicizing of so many decisions that are out there has to be toned down. We've got to get back to working together. And this is part of my job as leader. It's not just a matter of implementing good policies, but also setting a better tone so that everybody feels like we can start cooperating again instead of going at loggerheads all the time."

Coming from President "I Won, You Lost" just as Harry Reid ginned up his re-election campaign by bringing before the Senate for certain defeat the so-called "Dream Act," the so called "Disclose Act," and an attempt to repeal "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" months before the Pentagon's review of that proposed repeal is completed or circulated for comment is too much even for cynics to accept as garden variety White House hypocrisy. President Obama used his enormous majorities to jam through a wildly wasteful "stimulus" and the wildly unpopular Obamacare, but now that he is on the brink of losing those majorities, he wants a new era of cooperation.snip

There were a lot of issues lost by the media during that exchange. My personal favorite was the ".....two unfunded tax cuts..." line, or the Republican's wish to "......have the government give rich people a bigger check.....".

These points exemplify the entitlement mindset of the liberals, and shows that it extends to the government as well as individuals. To call a tax break, that literally effected virtually all Americans, and "unfunded" perk is akin to calling the current high unemployment rate "a series of unfunded layoffs". Ludicrous.

Further, the government does not write checks to rich taxpayers when taxes are lowered, they simply get smaller checks from them.

The only member of the MSN that picked up on the issue at all was, surpisingly, Chris Matthews, who corrected Zero's perceptions on taxes on the air.

I agree. This POTUS....without a TOTUS......is a fish without water......he flops.

It's MY MONEY! They're stealing MY MONEY!

Hmmmm That seems to be Obama's line. What's yours is his and he and only he gets to decide how much you deserve to keep.