Worst thing to happen to Jackson Jr.? Barack Obama

Stella

2734602,CST-EDT-CArol22.article
The Chicago Sun Times:

Jackson wants respect. We want answers.
September 22, 2010

BY CAROL MARIN Sun-Times Columnist

As we watch his once-promising story careen out of control, I can't help thinking that one of the worst things that ever happened to Jesse Jackson Jr. was Barack Obama.

Long before Obama caused a nation to swoon with his soaring red-state-blue-state Democratic convention speech in 2004, Triple-J, once upon a time, stood at that very podium. It was 1988 and he was there -- young, strong and commanding -- to introduce his dad, who had twice failed in bids to win the presidency.

Although Jesse Jackson Jr. gave his strong support to Barack Obama's presidential bid, he possessed a certain fury at not being given his proper due.

Want to talk about "dreams of my father"? Triple-J can rightfully claim the same expertise as Obama.

But timing and talent are only two of 10,000 factors that result in one man's ascent and another's disappointment. Maybe it was just coincidence, but in the aftermath of Obama's speech, which instantly transformed an anonymous state senator to matinee idol, Jesse Jr. suddenly slimmed down. Citing exercise, diet and some "shots in the butt" to explain a drop of 50 pounds, Jackson couldn't bring himself to tell the truth. We'd learn only later of his weight-loss surgery.snip

I think Rahm Emmanuel has been worse for Triple-J, than Obama.

IMO- Rahm wants the Chicago mayors spot & was the one that pushed the Department of In-Justice probe & let the news of Triple-J's special pet. It's the Chicago way of politics, and JJJ isn't a life member of "Man's Country" like Obama & Rahm.

The one thing they all have in common is the "Get-Some" attitude. Oh......and Triple J seems to have to have Double J's penchant for adultery.