Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. denies Blagojevich report

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
42505.html
Politico:

Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-Ill.) on Tuesday strongly denied a report that he offered to have a prominent Illinois businessman raise millions of dollars for the reelection campaign of former Gov. Rod Blagojevich in return for being appointed to the Senate seat that had been held by Barack Obama.

The new report comes after recent public statements by Jackson that he had nothing to fear from an ongoing federal investigation. Blagojevich, a Democrat, was indicted in 2008 on 24 federal corruption charges, including allegations that he tried to “sell” the Senate seat that was vacated by Obama after he was elected president. A federal jury recently found Blagojevich guilty of only one charge, lying to federal investigators, although he faces a retrial in January.

Jackson, however, refused to comment on allegations in the Chicago Sun-Times about his relationship with a Washington hostess, calling it “a private and personal matter between me and my wife that was handled some time ago.” Sandi Jackson is a Chicago alderman, and the couple has two children.

Jackson, elected to Congress in 1995, apologized to his constituents over his relationship with Giovana Huidobro, although he never explicitly admitted to an affair. Huidobro, whom he called a “social acquaintance,” works at Oizo, a downtown Washington restaurant.

“I know I have disappointed some supporters and for that I am deeply sorry. But I remain committed to serving my constituents and fighting on their behalf,” Jackson said in a statement released by his aides on Tuesday.
________

A chip off the old blockhead...