Murkowski to NOT (edit) lose top GOP spot on Senate Energy Committee

Geee

120049-murkowski-to-lose-top-gop-spot-on-energy-committee
The Hill:

Murkowski to lose top GOP spot on Senate Energy Committee
By Alexander Bolton - 09/21/10 02:47 PM ET

Senate Republicans will strip Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) of the top Republican slot on the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee.

GOP members of the committee met Tuesday afternoon to vote by secret ballot on who will be the new ranking member, according to a Republican members of the panel. snip

Other than she doesn't have any idea of what to do after government work, I don't see what she is trying to accomplish. Even in the unlikely event she would win, she is stripped of seniority and committee positions. She would just be hanging out, trying to be relevant.

When I was an auditor, we always looked for people who never took a lot of time off. They seem to fear that if someone looked at the books while they were gone, all hell would break loose. I wonder if she is just trying to keep the 'books' private.

Other than she doesn't have any idea of what to do after government work, I don't see what she is trying to accomplish. Even in the unlikely event she would win, she is stripped of seniority and committee positions. She would just be hanging out, trying to be relevant.

When I was an auditor, we always looked for people who never took a lot of time off. They seem to fear that if someone looked at the books while they were gone, all hell would break loose. I wonder if she is just trying to keep the 'books' private.

Well, she did have a successful legal career before getting into politics. I'm wondering if her resistence to letting go of the campaign has something to do with the fact that her father was her immediate predecessor. He, Frank Murkowski, actually appointed her to finish his term in office when he was elected Governor of Alaska. (Nepotism....who'd of thunk?)

In a surprise move Wednesday, Senate Republicans decided against removing Sen. Lisa Murkowski from her top position on the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee, according to several GOP senators.

And then again maybe not....

With the polls showing that she is splitting the Democrat vote more than the Republican vote, I'm sure that GOP leaders decided not to take the chance of making her a sympathetic victim, since she is most likely going to lose the election, and therefore her committee seat. They can always punish her if she pulls an upset and wins, but then, maybe not.

Umm, fine by me. There's reallyu not much point to stripping her of this for just a few months anyways, unless to make a statement. I do think she fancies herself as some kind of GOP royalty and is coming off as a sore loser who lost but just won't accept it. January's not long off, though.

In a surprise move Wednesday, Senate Republicans decided against removing Sen. Lisa Murkowski from her top position on the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee, according to several GOP senators.

And then again maybe not....

For a minute I thought I screwed up a headline again :lol:

Hmmmmm. Wonder of some kind of bargain has been struck?

I think Argyle is right on this one. Don't make her a victim in Alaska before she commits political suicide in November. The last thing we need is a Rockefeller Republican martyr now.