Democratic scandals begin to erupt in W.Va., Ill.

Geee

democratic-scandals-begin-to-erupt-in-wva-ill-103445309.html
Washington Examiner:

Democratic scandals begin to erupt in W.Va., Ill.
By: DAVID FREDDOSO
Online Opinion Editor
09/21/10 12:15 PM EDT

Just what Democrats need in West Virginia: More on the federal investigation of their Senate candidate, Gov. Joe Manchin.

We now know a major target of the federal probe into Gov. Joe Manchin’s administration and the Department of Highways is a multi-million dollar road that runs through Fairmont.

Subpoenas have been issued to the Department of Highways and the Office of Administration…The Attorney General’s office is refusing to release any information about the investigation, despite media law experts who say the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requires the Attorney General to release the information…

Larry Puccio, Manchin’s former chief of staff and current chair of the Democratic Party in West Virginia, also runs a real estate business in Fairmont. Sources believe Puccio could be part of the probe.

And just what they need in Illinois: Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., D-Ill., newly accused of trying to buy Obama’s Senate seat.snip

Pat Fitzgerald better start explaining to the taxpayers why none of this was brought up in Blago's trial. JJ jr actually raised that 6 million for Blago and in exchange he bought that Senate seat. His name is still being thrown around for mayor of Chicago and so is his wife's.

shoutStella. When I saw this my first thought was "Hmmm who doesn't want Jesse having a chance to become mayor? Is that why now?"

Looks like classic Chicago politics. Rahmbo wants the job, so let's hang the money over JJ's collective heads, and he bows out. Not even New Orleans' politics, which is very crooked and sleazy, gets this dirty....

shoutStella. When I saw this my first thought was "Hmmm who doesn't want Jesse having a chance to become mayor? Is that why now?"

Inquiring minds want to know what was discussed in that meeting in the WH between Rahm and JJ Jr. Why did the Sun Times wait until now to release this? Guttierez has tossed his hat in the ring along with Emil Jones (Blago's keeper). Nothing like this would happen without Daley and the Machine knowing about it. All this will make a great book one day for somebody. Jesse Jackson Sr never caused a problem for Daley in Chicago. The machine kept daddy very happy with all sorts of pay offs in exchange for never causing problems. Jr just lost the promised protection. I am very curious why JJ Jr was never called in during Blago's trial.