Colin Powell: Illegal Immigrants Fix My House

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
colin-powell-illegal-immigrants-fix-house
Fox News:

WASHINGTON -- Former Secretary of State Colin Powell says illegal immigrants do essential work in the U.S. and he has firsthand knowledge of that -- because they fix his house.

Powell, a moderate Republican, urged his party Sunday to support immigration generally because it is "what's keeping this country's lifeblood moving forward."

In an interview with NBC's "Meet the Press," he said a path to legal status should be offered to illegal immigrants because they "are doing things we need done in this country."

He added: "They're all over my house, doing things whenever I call for repairs, and I'm sure you've seen them at your house. We've got to find a way to bring these people out of the darkness and give them some kind of status."

Powell did not say whether he's hired illegal immigrants directly or they showed up with contractors.
________

Powell has a point. But the ones who work at his house-and most likely the homes and property of Senators and Congresscritters from both parties-aren't the problem. The Mexicans creating mayhem and violence at the border are.

"Powell, a moderate Republican,....."

When was the last time he was a moderate Republican? Then I saw it was written by AP. All liberal R's turn into 'moderate' Republicans.

"In an interview with NBC's "Meet the Press," he said a path to legal status should be offered to illegal immigrants because they "are doing things we need done in this country."

He added: "They're all over my house, doing things whenever I call for repairs, and I'm sure you've seen them at your house. We've got to find a way to bring these people out of the darkness and give them some kind of status.""

= = = =

Colin Powell: Exhibit 284 in a long list of idiots that would make MLK weep.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

-- Martin Luther King, Jr.

they "are doing things we need done in this country" -- Colin Powell

If we could get Colin's helpful illegals to frog march Obama, Reid, and Pelosi out of the White House, I'm all for it. Other than that, back of the line please.