Energy Department Says It Has ‘Mandate’ to Force ‘Market Transformation’ for Household Appliances

Geee

CNSnews:

Energy Department Says It Has ‘Mandate’ to Force ‘Market Transformation’ for Household Appliances
Assistant Secretary of Energy Cathy Zoi said Thursday that the U.S. Department of Energy has a “mandate” to issue regulations that will determine what household appliances are available to Americans in the future.
Friday, September 17, 2010
By Penny Starr

Assistant Secretary of Energy Cathy Zoi said Thursday that the U.S. Department of Energy has a “mandate” to issue regulations to determine what household appliances are available to Americans in the future.

Speaking at the inaugural meeting of the recently reestablished Secretary of Energy Advisory Board (SEAB), Zoi pointed to four tactics the Obama administration intended use to advance the “deployment of clean energy.” The first three were government subsidies for private-sector green energy projects, special tax incentives for green energy projects and low-interest government-backed loans for green energy projects.

“The fourth one, which the secretary and I love,” said Zoi, “is where we have a mandate. Where we can actually just issue regulations and do market transformation.”snip

Why not just require removal of dishwashers, washers and dryers? No more time for two workers in the family, so unemployment rate is also solved also!

And that pesky refrigerator. Back to ice boxes! Think of the new jobs making and delivering ice. Those can't be outsourced to China.

As a side note, I read by 2020 China will be needing 30 million new cars a year (we peaked in the high teens).

If I may quote Andrew Jackson...."John Marshall has made his decision now let him enforce it."

There is a streak in the American populous that says...F U were not gonna do that. It takes awhile for this to happen...but we may have reached that point.

Why not just require removal of dishwashers, washers and dryers? No more time for two workers in the family, so unemployment rate is also solved also!

And that pesky refrigerator. Back to ice boxes! Think of the new jobs making and delivering ice. Those can't be outsourced to China.

As a side note, I read by 2020 China will be needing 30 million new cars a year (we peaked in the high teens).

Oh Goody! I have a pair of huge Ice tongs that my uncle used to use when he delivered ice. I just KNEW that I would find a use for them :lol:

shout Geee

09_04_01_cathy_zoi.jpg

She doesn't look like an idiot. Just clueless.

She does have a big zit in her forehead and a conflict of interest in clean energy, however.

Landis+Gyr - Zoi owns between $250,000 and $500,000 in “founders shares” and another $15,000 to $50,000 in ordinary shares in Landis+Gyr which makes smart meters, advanced devices that enable real-time energy usage monitoring to allow greater efficiency and responsiveness by utilities and other price-setting agencies.[4] Utilities like California's PG&E and Texas' Oncor, rather than the US Department of Energy, are responsible for smart meter deployment, and federal smart grid activities generally fall under the auspices DOE's Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability, rather than Zoi's EERE. Serious Materials – Zoi’s husband, Robin Roy, is Vice President of Projects & Policy for Serious Materials, a company specializing in energy efficient building materials. Zoi and Roy own 120,000 shares in Serious Materials and, as an officer of the company, Roy receives options on an additional 2,500 shares every month and will continue to do so until October 2012. Energy Department Press Secretary Stephanie Mueller has stated, “To avoid any potential conflict of interest, Ms. Zoi has recused herself as required by law … from acting on any particular matter that has a direct and predictable effect on Serious Materials.” Mueller also noted that Zoi's financial holdings had been known during her Senate confirmation without controversy, and that Zoi has refused to meet with industry representatives.[4] Conservatives have also accused Serious Materials of maintaining an unduly close relationship with the Obama Administration through Zoi, due to appearances by President Obama and Vice President Biden at Serious Materials plants; however, the company responded to these accusations by pointing out that these visits happened months prior to Zoi's confirmation.[5]

See here about her conflict of interest. From Wikipedia no less. Also picture of big bump.

This administration is full of cultural despots.

Her tiny blindered mind, envisions the cold water flat, hot plate and dorm fridges of Europe, as being adequate for us lesser mortals.

Look, I know that as America loses economic advantage over China, and other parts of the world, we'll eventually have to give up some of the things we take for granted; but I was hoping it would be, well after I was taking a dirt nap.

I'm not giving up my window air conditioner, 37" LCD TV, or my counter top convection oven!

This administration is full of cultural despots.

Pretty much standard for the left. I mean they are so very much smarter than we the great unwashed, so it's only right and just that they tell us how to live our lives.

I'm not giving up my window air conditioner, 37" LCD TV, or my counter top convection oven!

nurse_ratched1.jpg

You will if you know what's good for you!

If I may quote Andrew Jackson...."John Marshall has made his decision now let him enforce it."

There is a streak in the American populous that says...F U were not gonna do that. It takes awhile for this to happen...but we may have reached that point.

In the immortal words of Stalin, the second biggest murderer in history after Mao, replying to a report from the NKVD that the Pope had admonished him for his forced dismemberment of the Kulaks: "How many divisions does the Pope have?"

I think her 'mandate' will be expiring in early January,'11. The House would have to fund it and I doubt they would. They seem to be planning on doing the same thing with Obamakare; no money, it goes away.

They will have to take my deep frier from my cold dead greasy fingers

shoutNCJim!

I can't eat deep fried food anymore, because the doctors have told me to lay off, because they had a very confusing cholesterol level for me, which I still don't understand, after nearly two months trying to get it translated for me. I'd love a fried oyster po-boy right now, but all that oil in the Gulf would send my cholesterol level through the roof. :blink: