Is Hollywood veering to the right?

Geee

is-hollywood-veering-to-the-right-102436889.html
Washington Examiner:

Is Hollywood veering to the right?
By: MARK HEMINGWAY
Commentary Staff Writer
09/08/10 10:50 AM EDT

I wouldn’t hold my breath that Hollywood is going to become more friendly to conservative ideas any time soon, but there are some encouraging signs. In The New York Times this morning there’s a great profile of Ray Griggs, the man behind the new documentary I Want Your Money!, which preaches the value of limited government:

“This is a perfect grass-roots project, because it’s hitting a nerve,” said Paul Lauer, the founder of Motive Entertainment, a consulting firm that organized marketing for Mel Gibson’s hit “The Passion of the Christ,” and is now working with Mr. Griggs. The plan, Mr. Lauer said, is to screen “I Want Your Money” in the next month for conservative opinion makers and political groups. The aim is to catch the attention of Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity or Glenn Beck, Mr. Griggs said..

The tone of the film, which Mr. Griggs directed and helped write, is a little softer than that of those three conservative commentators. Its central argument is a straightforward case for the virtues of smaller government and the futility of efforts to redistribute wealth. But its charm, if that word can apply to political documentary, comes from computer-generated animations in which bobbing-headed political figures, designed by Tom Richmond of Mad Magazine, try to school one another on the ins and outs of policy.snip

I don't think that Hollywood is veering to the right, just that more of the politicly middle of the road types are speaking their minds. Enough so that the speech Nazis can't censor them all.

I don't think that Hollywood is veering to the right, just that more of the politicly middle of the road types are speaking their minds. Enough so that the speech Nazis can't censor them all.

I agree. The moderates and conservatives are starting to come out of the closet in Hollyweird. 10 years ago, they would have been blacklisted, but now, it's actually becoming neuveau chic to not be a loony leftwingnut in L.A.

Just found a new "Hollyweird conswervative" website, called the Rightnetwork, and read a short article by Kelsey Grammar, called, "Gazelephant" with a new logo for the GOP.

RIGHTNETWORK

Kelsey Grammer, along with Patricia Heaton(and Shannon Doherty!), have long been out of the closet Republicans. The RATS in Hollywierd were too terrified of Ahhnold and Chuck Norris to dare take them on, but as we head for 2012, I think we're going to see more closet GOP'ers stepping out, because the bottom line is more important than who your actor voted for.

And studios are keeping an eye on what happens in TV and movie ratings when their lead actors make fools of themselves by talking about politics, which most of them are clueless about. Their ratings tend to go down...