Sheriff Arpaio Defiant after Justice Lawsuit

Geee

article.php?id=38895
Human Events:

Sheriff Arpaio Defiant after Justice Lawsuit
by Robert M. Engstrom
09/08/2010

Phoenix -- Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio stuck to his guns after the Justice Department filed another lawsuit against the toughest sheriff in America, alleging racial profiling, unconstitutional search and seizures, police misconduct and discrimination.

“I thought we were close to getting this resolved, but the sheriff got sandbagged. They were going to sue me anyway,” said Arpaio at a Thursday press conference. “They are not going to put handcuffs on me. I’ll see them in court.”

The latest DOJ lawsuit followed a series of meetings and communications with investigators trying to clarify exactly what documents the Justice Department is demanding on top of the hundreds of thousands of records already turned over since the investigation began in March 2009.

Arpaio said the Justice Department investigation began after allegations were made by local media outlets, but after more than a year of DOJ lawyers “roaming around the state,” there is no evidence of racial profiling or discrimination. He said a Homeland Security audit of his department “came out great” and showed no evidence of rights violations.snip

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio stuck to his guns after the Justice Department filed another lawsuit against the toughest sheriff in America, alleging racial profiling, unconstitutional search and seizures, police misconduct and discrimination

I wonder just how Holder & Co. can justify the "racial profiling" part of this complaint. In order to make the government's lack of action on illegal immigration seem somehow less outrageous, Mexicans are now classed as "White, of Hispanic Origins". Since the term "Hispanic" does not denote a racial background, but a language group, Mexicans are now considered by the U.S. Government to be WHITE. So, DOJ is accusing Arpaio of racially profiling white people.

I hope Sheriff Joe's attorneys catch on this, because its always great to see a hypocrite get their just rewards.