Forget Bush! Dems run against Obama, Pelosi

Geee

the-democrats-who-are-running-from-obama-and-pelosi
Daily Caller:

When Alabama Democratic Rep. Bobby Bright recently joked that Speaker of the House “might get sick and die” – preventing her from another tenure as Speaker – it was only the most outlandish instance of politically vulnerable Democrats suddenly expressing their opposition to their Party’s leadership in Washington.

Here are some of the more notable examples.

Joe Donnelly, Indiana Democrat
The Peter denying Jesus

Rep. Joe Donnelly is “Indiana’s most independent congressman,” as he said in a recent campaign advertisement. He’s so independent, he “voted against Nancy Pelosi’s energy tax on Hoosier families.”

But Donnelly and Pelosi weren’t always at odds on energy policy. On March 1, 2008, he delivered the Democratic Party’s radio address on energy policy, which Pelosi then posted on her YouTube page.

The speech was mostly a collection of policy buzzwords and did not address cap-and-trade (the “energy tax” Donnelly voted against). But Donnelly’s shift was rather marked. One year he’s touting the “new direction Congress,” the next he’s advertising his role in opposing it.

Donnelly is taking a hard anti-trade line in another advertisement. “I oppose NAFTA and vote against every single bad trade agreement,” he said. However, he has held at least two fundraisers with Rep. John Tanner, a pro-trade Democrat who heads an important trade subcommittee.

In terms of money overall, one would think Donnelly might be grateful to the Democratic Party for its generous gifts to him. Over the course of his short political career, Donnelly’s largest single donor, by far, is the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, which has given him $161,690.

Bonus fact: Donnelly is also running an advertisement on immigration to highlight his opposition to Obama on the issue, who is prominently featured as representing “the Washington crowd.” The ad describes illegal immigrants as “illegals” twice, which may trigger interest by TeaPartyTracker.org.snip

Don't be surprised if these 'maverick' RATS switch parties after November 2(if they survive). A lot of conservative Dems switched after the '94 debacle.

Don't be surprised if these 'maverick' RATS switch parties after November 2(if they survive). A lot of conservative Dems switched after the '94 debacle.

I doubt it. These are the McCains and Grahams of the Jackass Party. Their ideology is for sale to the highest bidder, but their party affilliation is chosen to make them more electable in their districts, not as a reflection of their political beliefs. As long as they live in a majority Democrat district, they will remain in that party.

I doubt it. These are the McCains and Grahams of the Jackass Party. Their ideology is for sale to the highest bidder, but their party affilliation is chosen to make them more electable in their districts, not as a reflection of their political beliefs. As long as they live in a majority Democrat district, they will remain in that party.

I remember three LA House members switching to the GOP after the '94 election, as well as Richard Shelby in Alabama and another Dem Senator(I can't think of his name, but I think he retired a few years ago). District voting demographics change, as well as states, and a pinko Commie in the White House is the perfect opportunity for conservative RATS to bail on Obambi and Pelosi.