A Tale of Two Narcissists

Geee

a_tale_of_two_narcissists_1.html
American Thinker:

Let me introduce you to two narcissists I know and (don't) love. First, there's Katie.

You probably know a "Katie." She talks about herself nonstop, forever boasting and gloating. When you try to get a word in edgewise, Katie immediately returns the conversation back to herself.

There's nothing she can't do. There's no compliment or accomplishment that she doesn't flaunt. But when you're in a jam or need a shoulder to cry on, Katie is nowhere in sight. And should you inadvertently insult her, Katie will cut you off without blinking an eye.

Katie is annoying. But Lauren is another beast entirely.

Like Katie, Lauren is relentlessly self-absorbed and lacks empathy. But while Katie is not out to get you, Lauren means to cause you real harm.

Lauren likes to elevate herself to a pedestal all her own. She does this by undermining people and stealing their thunder. Lauren particularly relishes publicly humiliating and degrading others.

Relentlessly competitive, she'll destroy anyone who gets in her way. Because Lauren is cunning (and she looks so good), she can easily outsmart and manipulate others.

Here's an example of Lauren: as my colleague, she was jealous of my professional success. Consequently, she tried to drive me out of the job, talking trash behind my back and sabotaging my projects. Without a hint of a conscience, she was out to ruin me.

This is a tale of two narcissists, yet one is much more dangerous than the other. Katie can react hostilely, but only when she feels attacked. But Lauren will, out of the blue and for no good reason, ravage other people.

Katie is a garden-variety narcissist. Lauren is something much more treacherous. She's a narcissist, but so much more.snip