Harry Reid: "I had nothing to do with" bad economy

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
harry-reid-i-had-nothing-to-do.html
Washington Post:

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, facing a tough re-election bid in one of the states hardest hit by the recession, said today that the economic downturn was not his fault.

"I had nothing to do with the massive foreclosures here," Reid said during an appearance on the ABC News/Washington Post "Top Line" program, adding that he also had no part in contributing to the state's dismal unemployment figures.

At 14.3 percent, Nevada's unemployment rate ranks the highest in the country. The Silver State has also been hit hard by foreclosure and bankruptcy; an Associated Press analysis found that Nevada is the most economically stressed state in the nation.

Reid's opponent, former state Assemblywoman Sharron Angle ®, has placed the blame for Nevada's economic woes squarely on Reid's shoulders. Her latest TV ad highlights the state's record unemployment and charges that Reid "has dragged Nevada down to perhaps its lowest point ever."

Reid contended in today's interview that "it would take a real stretch" in order to think that he caused the country's economic problems. Instead, Reid argued, he worked against many of the policies enacted during the administration of George W. Bush that were to blame for the economic crisis.

"I don't have any hand in what took place during the Bush administration. I tried to rein that in," Reid said.
________

Um, what have you done since then, Dusty Harry?