Blair book is 'love letter to Bush'

Geee

Ex-PM-praises-George-W-as-quotvisionaryquot-in-much-hyped-autobiography.html
UK NewoftheWorld:

TONY Blair's much-hyped autobiography is more like "a love letter" to ex-US President George W. Bush, say insiders who have seen drafts of the book.

The former Labour Prime Minister will shock his party and infuriate anti-war protesters by lavishing praise on his "highly intelligent" and "visionary" friend.

"It is the biggest and most unapologetic defence of Bush and his ideas ever written," said one aide last night.

The News of the World can reveal Blair says he thinks Bush was the only politician in the world with the courage and commitment to take on al-Qaeda after the 9/11 terror attacks.

The comments will re-open Labour's wounds over the Iraq war. Four of the five party leadership candidates have said they would not have invaded Iraq.

But Mr Blair also insists Bush was "sensitive" and "fully aware of the consequences" of the 2003 invasion. Former advisers who've read the book say they were shocked at the strength of Blair's commitment to Bush, who was internationally derided for his handling of the Iraq war.

Blair's pal told us: "It is basically an extended love letter.snip

pollyannaish

I have a feeling that this is not going to be the first we hear this. And it is going to push leftists into a white hot rage. They can not stand the thought that an intelligent, visionary person might disagree with them.

I have a feeling that this is not going to be the first we hear this. And it is going to push leftists into a white hot rage. They can not stand the thought that an intelligent, visionary person might disagree with them.

An intelligent visionary person who they thought was basically a leftist and also someone they thought was enamored with Bill Clinton not George Bush. How dare he!

An intelligent visionary person who they thought was basically a leftist and also someone they thought was enamored with Bill Clinton not George Bush. How dare he!

The leftwing(and King Bubba) is going to go nuts over this book. Release it in late September in the US!

I alway thought Tony Blair was more conservative than he let on because he was the leader of Labour in the UK and had to play the liberal, but after 9-11, he revealed a bit of the closet Tory he actually is.

pollyannaish

The leftwing(and King Bubba) is going to go nuts over this book. Release it in late September in the US!

I alway thought Tony Blair was more conservative than he let on because he was the leader of Labour in the UK and had to play the liberal, but after 9-11, he revealed a bit of the closet Tory he actually is.

I think the big thing is that intellectually HONEST liberals, just like intellectually HONEST conservatives can find many things to agree about and admire in each other. When I think of bipartisanship, that is what I'm looking for. "This did not work" and "this did work" based on facts rather than emotion.

For instance, it is absolutely true that LBJ's great society made some things better and many things worse. It gave poor people more resources....but created a permanent underclass with little motivation to improve. Whether that is better or worse than the alternative, is subjective. I of course, believe it made it worse because it became an instant gratification trap.

There are very, very few ideas that don't have both an upside and a downside. I believe that once Liberal/conservative (as they are now defined) come out of the philosophical stage that there are lots of areas we can work together on. Infrastructure being one of them.

Or problem is we get so caught up in emotion and personal need for being right we can't look at evidence that might contradict our position.

I have a feeling that this is not going to be the first we hear this. And it is going to push leftists into a white hot rage.

And the downside of this is.......? :lol:

Some of my frat brothers were flaming RATS, but we still got along at parties. It was part of going to college.

The one thing I didn't like was that about 95% of my teachers were also flaming liberals, and more than one told me they'd flunk me on a test or in their class if I dared question or argue with their engraved opinions.

I changed my major to history after the LAST threat from a professor to flunk me for showing him up in own class. He ripped me a new arsehole and threatened to have me kicked out of school for daring to make him look like the liberal idiot he was. I filed a complaint with the Administration the same day, changed majors, and never heard another word about it.

I was only 21 at the time, so I've been around the block when it comes to liberal college 'professors'.

I think the big thing is that intellectually HONEST liberals, just like intellectually HONEST conservatives can find many things to agree about and admire in each other. When I think of bipartisanship, that is what I'm looking for. "This did not work" and "this did work" based on facts rather than emotion.

For instance, it is absolutely true that LBJ's great society made some things better and many things worse. It gave poor people more resources....but created a permanent underclass with little motivation to improve. Whether that is better or worse than the alternative, is subjective. I of course, believe it made it worse because it became an instant gratification trap.

There are very, very few ideas that don't have both an upside and a downside. I believe that once Liberal/conservative (as they are now defined) come out of the philosophical stage that there are lots of areas we can work together on. Infrastructure being one of them.

Or problem is we get so caught up in emotion and personal need for being right we can't look at evidence that might contradict our position.

shoutPollyannish. This is so true of the problem of the environment. There are many things that actually should be fixed and worked on-pollution of lakes(ex: closing of the beaches on Martha's vineyard :o ) and there is nothing wrong with recycling-we are being a\buried in our own garbage- and many other things. We have all been diverted by this global warming hogwash and all the funds that have been thrown away on this insanity could have been used for some actually 'useful' research and causes.

pollyannaish

I have a feeling that this is not going to be the first we hear this. And it is going to push leftists into a white hot rage.

And the downside of this is.......? :lol:

:lol:

Uh...that they are already in a white hot rage and I don't know what the next level of anger is? A Black Hole of anger?