Blagojevich: We Would Call Emanuel, Other Pols in Second Trial

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
?test=latestnews
Fox News:

In a second trial on corruption charges, the defense may call Washington officials like White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich said Sunday.

Blagojevich said he talked plenty with several Washington bigwigs about political horse-trading when he was responsible for filling the Senate seat vacated by President Obama, but none did anything wrong.

"In the second round, we're going to put a defense on, I'm certain. And in that particular case, you know, we're going to call witnesses like Rahm Emanuel, Senator Harry Reid, Senator (Robert) Menendez, Congressman (Jesse) Jackson, Congressman (Jerry) Costello, and a host of other leading Democrats who were involved in this process to try to make a decision on who the next senator should be," he told "Fox News Sunday."

Blagojevich said he didn't call them to his defense in his first trial because he didn't put on a defense, but they may not be off the hook next time.

"I'm going to do what I did in the first trial, which is work with my lawyers and see how things unfold. We're prepared to call them as witnesses, like we were the first time. And I'm eager to testify, like I was the first time," Blagojevich said. "If we put on a defense and properly explain these things, the jury will see it's exactly about what it is, political horse-trading."
________

He's a creep, but this would be fun to see happen. Merry Fitzmas, White House! B)