Cost of government: How about 231 labor days?

Geee

cost-of-government-how-about-231-labor-days-101045384.html
Washington Examiner:

Cost of government: How about 231 labor days?
By: BARBARA HOLLINGSWORTH
Local Opinion Editor
08/19/10 12:10 AM EDT

August 19th is the day the average American worker has finally earned enough to pay for his share of the government spending and regulatory burdens in 2010. From now until December 31, he can finally keep the fruits of his own labor, according to an annual report by the Americans for Tax Reform Foundation.

It’s eight days later this year than last.

It now takes nearly eight months, or 231 days out of 365, to satisfy the voracious demands of the Leviathan. With government at all levels now consuming 63.41 percent of all national income, just a third is left for working Americans to feed, clothe and shelter their families and save for the increasingly uncertain future.

Because the tribute is taken out of their paychecks and purchases in dribs and drabs, concealed in part by borrowing and hidden in practically every transaction, most Americans don’t understand how much government costs.

Cost of Government Day fell on June 29th in 2000, but 26 days were tacked on between 2008 and 2009 to pay for the stimulus and bank bailouts passed by Congress. This year, Obamacare pushed the date back to August 19th – setting a new record.

So by the nationwide average, Americans spent the first 104 days (January 1st until April 4th) working to pay for out-of-control federal spending, the next 52 days (April 5th to May 28th) for state and local spending, the next 48 days (to July 14th) to pay for government regulations, and then 26 days for state and local regulations.

But if you live in Maryland, you won’t be off the hook until September 4th.

pollyannaish

Well. Ok. This could be depressing, but I have an idea.

How about this. I just won't work starting in January next year and ending in August. Then, on day 232...I'll start working. Then I will get to keep whatever I am earning! :lol:

pollyannaish

Hmmmmmmmm Polly. Have you ever worked in government? Their kind of fuzzy math :lol:

No, but I'm a quick learner! :lol:

And January 1, 2011 is just around the corner. Only the 'rich' are going to be taxed more. LOL. Unfortunately, anything one consumes or purchases from a 'rich' person will be marked up to cover the increase.

Thank goodness only the rich will pay higher taxes.