Rep. Pelosi calls for investigation of WTC mosque opposition

pollyannaish

pollyannaish
audio-rep-pelosi-calls-investigation-wtc-mosque-op
Washington Examiner Blog:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, California Democrat, called for an investigation of those who are protesting the building of the Ground Zero Mosque on Tuesday. She told San Francisco's KCBS radio:

AUDIO

"There is no question there is a concerted effort to make this a political issue by some. And I join those who have called for looking into how is this opposition to the mosque being funded," she said. "How is this being ginned up that here we are talking about Treasure Island, something we've been working on for decades, something of great interest to our community as we go forward to an election about the future of our country and two of the first three questions are about a zoning issue in New York City." (h/t Kristinn)

More at link. Keep checking back for updates.

pollyannaish

Wow. So we can't examine the funding source for the mosque, but we should be examining the funding source for those who are "ginning it up" for political purposes?

Sometimes Nancy, a fish is just a fish. And in this case, quick thinking cloak and dagger and realize that plain old regular Americans do not like the concept of this based on an understanding that we were attacked and this was part of the 9/11 site.

They are welcome to build it further from the site. BUT NOT THERE.

Nobody ginned it up. We heard about it via the internet, did our research and decided we didn't like it—and THEN the MSM and politicians started talking about it. <_<

How about an investigation of how this Imam is getting funding for this mosque? Let's also investigate where the RATS are getting their campaign contributions while we're at it, then we can see who is getting contributions from Islamofascists who live in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and Iran.

Only Pelosi could be this dumb 2 months from the midterms.

And oh, BTW, how McCarthyesque is this?

"There is no question there is a concerted effort to make this a political issue by some. And I join those who have called for looking into how is this opposition to the mosque being funded," she said.]

Who, besides Botox Nancy, has called for looking in to the funding of the Mosque opposition? What organized effort? I guess it is just too much to consider that two thirds of the American public is upset over this, just because it is wrong.

She did not mean to say it that way.... Her office staff clarifies what she really meant....

WA Post

It was a bit unclear what she was referring to, and now her office sends over a statement from her clarifying what she meant and sort of standing by what she said:

"The freedom of religion is a Constitutional right. Where a place of worship is located is a local decision.

"I support the statement made by the Interfaith Alliance that 'We agree with the ADL that there is a need for transparency about who is funding the effort to build this Islamic center. At the same time, we should also ask who is funding the attacks against the construction of the center.'

"For all of those expressing concern about the 9/11 families, we call upon them to join us in support of the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act when Congress returns in September."

So Pelosi wants "transparency" about who is funding the center, too. As for a look at the opposition, "we should also ask who is funding the attacks" is a bit of a walkback, but not much of one. It's unclear, to me at least, exactly what this means.

pollyannaish

For what it's worth, the Mosque folks have rejected Governor Patterson's offer to help them find another nearby location not part of the Ground Zero complex.

I think that pretty much solidifies the perspective that they are NOT trying to create interfaith/multicultural understanding. They are trying to plant a flag.

For what it's worth, the Mosque folks have rejected Governor Patterson's offer to help them find another nearby location not part of the Ground Zero complex.

I think that pretty much solidifies the perspective that they are NOT trying to create interfaith/multicultural understanding. They are trying to plant a flag.

200px-Wtc_arial_march2001.jpg

WTC = World Trade Center

amd_wtc_mosque.jpg

IRC = Islamic-terrorist Recruiting Center

If Pelosi wants to investigate anything, she should be investigating where the cash for this mosque is coming from, and who in the State Dept. gave the green light for sending this Imam to the Mid-East on our dime.