Obama takes a swim

clearvision

41073.html
Politico:

Whether or not he would wade into the water became the question hanging over President Barack Obama’s overnight stay on the Gulf Coast.

Obama answered it within hours of his arrival in Panama City Beach, when he took his daughter Sasha, 9, out for a dip to prove to the nation’s skeptics that the Gulf of Mexico is safe and clean despite the millions of gallons of oil that flowed into it over the past four months.

It’s exactly the image Florida officials wanted: the president and his daughter in the water. The two of them swam at Alligator Point Beach, an area near the restaurant where they ate lunch.

Unfortunately for the reporters traveling with the president, the White House took control of the photograph of the outing.

A staff photographer snapped the image, and the White House released it online while photographers with the news organizations traveling with the president were holed up inside a banquet room in his hotel.
:snip:

P081410PS-0565.jpg
-------
Obama takes a swim, but not with the fishes. Wonder how many tests they ran and barriers they put up for this splash. No press was allowed to witness it.

No witnesses from the press. How do we even know that this was taken in Panama City? Could this possibly be from one of their New England vacations?

No witnesses from the press. How do we even know that this was taken in Panama City? Could this possibly be from one of their New England vacations?

Good point.

I spent a week at Navarre Beach(which is close to Panama City) with frat brothers and some girlfriends in '89, and never set a foot in the water. I wasn't worried about oil, but rather sharks, which seem to love the FL coastline from Jacksonville to Pensacola and don't hesitate to attack people who go swimming, surfing or whatever. I can imagine the Secret Service having a conniption fit if TOTUS went for a swim in the Gulf.