Greene indicted on obscenity charges

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
index.html?hpt=T1
CNN:

(CNN) -- U.S. Senate nominee Alvin Greene, a political unknown who became the surprise winner of the South Carolina Democratic primary, was indicted Friday by a grand jury on obscenity charges.

Greene was indicted on one felony count of "disseminating, procuring or promoting obscenity," according to the Richland County clerk of courts.

He was also indicted on a misdemeanor count of "communicating an obscene message to another person without consent."

Greene told CNN Senior Political Editor Mark Preston that his lawyer "is dealing" with the indictments.

Following the announcement of Greene's indictment, South Carolina Democratic Party Chair Carol Fowler released a statement asking Greene to resign.

"In June, I asked Mr. Greene to withdraw his candidacy because of the charges against him. Following today's indictments, I repeat that request," Fowler said.

"It will be impossible for Mr. Greene to address his legal issues and run a statewide campaign. The indictment renews concerns that Mr. Greene cannot represent the values of the Democratic Party or South Carolina voters."
________

But hey, he's America's Candidate! :lol:

The comments from the CNN reader base are really scary. :blink:

"The Republicans rigged the voting for him to win."

"The only reason that he's in trouble is that he's Black".

"Another modern day lynching."

"There are Republican powers out there that control elections through Diebold and minority voter intimidation like Florida and Ohio."

"Greene is a paid operative of the Republican party."

"blah, blah, blah...."

The hardcore Left sees another Watergate behind every scandal that lands one of the RAT candidates in hot water, despite the fact this clown never had a snowball's chance in Hell of beating DeMint in SC. So now they pull the race card to pour gasoline on a fire that has nothing to do with what this idiot did.

This looks like a Karl Rove operation. :lmfao:

Why waste the time, money, and effort on a fool like Greene when the election was over before it even began? There's no way this clown was ever going to beat DeMint in arguably the Reddest state east of the Mississippi. Like I said, the RATS always see a Watergate behind their own candidates idiocies and incompetence.

I'm sure the leftwing conspiracy theorists will find a way to blame Dubya for Harry Reid's gaffe last week or Joe Biden's numerous moronic statements. :blink: