POTUS: One year older, a whole lot grayer

Geee

POTUS-One-year-older-a-whole-lot-grayer-99936839.html
Washington Examiner:

President Obama turns 49 today, none too happy about it. Presidents often drop hints about their inner turmoil and personal anxieties. Former President Bush went through a lengthy public spasm of daddy-angst leading up to daughter Jenna's wedding. Obama has begun openly fretting about the day his daughters start dating.

And today is his birthday. For about two weeks, he's been remarking on it -- mostly about his hair turning gray.

"I will be 49 this week," Obama said Monday. "I have a lot more gray hair than I did last year."

At a sub shop in New Jersey, the president remarked that even his metabolism isn't what it used to be.

"I want everyone to know when I was 20 I could order a 12-inch," he said. "I'm turning 49 next week, which means just the half."

President Clinton once called the White House "the crown jewel of the American penal system." Living there is isolating, the job is stressful, and presidents age like they are in a time machine.

For his birthday, Obama is flying home to Chicago tonight, where press secretary Robert Gibbs said he will be happy to sleep in his own house, for once.

"I can't imagine that the weight of the job doesn't take a toll physically and mentally on anybody that does it," Gibbs said "I would say he's still in pretty good shape and is enjoying the job even with its many challenges."

He added, "There's no doubt that it takes an enormous physical and mental strain."

I remember watching Jimmy Carter age unimaginably in 4 years, just like Obambi. Reagan and Bush the Elder were already older so it was never obvious, but Dubya did show a little aging after 8 years. I saw a picture of Bill Clinton at Chelsea's wedding and he looks like he's on life support.

As much as I would love to be able to run the country for 4 years(I would repeal Obambicare, keep the Bush tax cuts, demolish Card Check and Cap and Tax), the stress alone would kill me. Unless you're like Reagan or Bush the Elder, you'd have to be crazy to want that job.

No one is talking about the inappropriatness of FLOTUS taking a vacation to the Spanish Riveria at this time. One of the most expensive vacation spots on the globe.......and didn't they just get back from vacation last week!?!?!

I don't think Obama has gotten a lot grayer. I think he was covering his gray during the campaign. Anyway, who cares?

AceRimmer for president! :)

pollyannaish

Are they talking about Obama, or me? :blink:

Edited to add: I agree with nickydog. AceRimmer for president. We'll supply the hair color. :lol:

Cudjo: "Heck if I was married to a creep like O I would leave the country on his birthday too "

Well, I don't know about that--I sort of think they kind of deserve one another :P