McCartney, in Interview, Compares Global Warming Skeptics to Holocaust Deniers

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
?test=latestnews
Fox News:

Sir Paul McCartney just can't let it be.

The former Beatle predicted in an interview that the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico might expedite a move to cleaner, renewable energy sources in the world.

Sir Paul could have stopped while he was ahead, but McCartney went on to compare people who don't believe in global warming to "those who don't believe there was a Holocaust."

"Sadly we need disasters like this to show people," McCartney said in an exclusive interview with The Sun. "Some people don't believe in climate warning -- like those who don't believe there was a Holocaust."

McCartney continued, "But the facts indicate that there's something going on and we've got to be aware of it if we want our kids to inherit a decent world, not a complete nightmare of a planet -- clean, renewable energy is for starters."

McCartney also defended President Obama's handling of the two-month-old crisis.

"I don't accept the criticism of Barack over the oil spill," said McCartney, who met the president for the first time earlier this month.

"I think he's been great. It's tough if we Brits whinge that he's whingeing at us. Tough, then don't spill oil."

A representative for McCartney in London said the singer would have no further comment.

Chris Horner, a senior fellow at Competitive Enterprise Institute and author of two books on environmental policy, blasted McCartney's comments.

"Was Posh Spice unavailable? I've seen quite a few reasons to look elsewhere than actors and crooners for deep thoughts on weighty policy matters," Horner wrote in an e-mail to FoxNews.com. "And this is certainly one of them."

Horner's message continued: "They've got computer model projections, Leonardo [DiCaprio] and the Cute Beatle. In the other corner are observations proving the models wrong, ClimateGate, NASA-Gate and the host of IPCC-Gates.

"I'm comfortable with the balance of authorities here."
________

As someone who does believe in developing clean energy, let me just suggest to Sir Paul that he kindly refrain from embarrassing himself in the future, and go back to releasing a new album every ten years.

WestVirginiaRebel

As an expert on environment science Paul is a pretty good bass player.

But what does Lady GaGa think? Curious minds want to know.

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel

As an expert on environment science Paul is a pretty good bass player.

But what does Lady GaGa think? Curious minds want to know.

Would that be before or after she trips over her own shoes?

Guest AnneV

And to think I used to love Paul McCartney!!!

If only he had kept his political views to himself, I might still respect him, but alas...'tis over!

'Tis for me, too, shoutAnneV. Could he be getting a little funny in his old age? Maybe all those drugs as a young man are finally kicking in.

And to think I used to love Paul McCartney!!!

If only he had kept his political views to himself, I might still respect him, but alas...'tis over!

If you are going to disassociate yourself from a lefty in the entertainment business who say/does something really stupid, the list of people you like will get really small really fast.

If you are going to disassociate yourself from a lefty in the entertainment business who say/does something really stupid, the list of people you like will get really small really fast.

Valin!

I don't disassociate myself from all lefty entertainers (although I don't really "associate" with any of them).

However, I draw the line with those who use the bully pulpit of their position to espouse and influence with their arrogant and lefty views.

It's true that I don't pay much attention to most entertainers or what is now considered entertainment. I include sports figures as entertainers as well.

Yup... I guess fit the true definition of a curmudgeon. "a crusty, ill-tempered, and usually old man"

curmudgeon.jpg

Valin!

I don't disassociate myself from all lefty entertainers (although I don't really "associate" with any of them).

However, I draw the line with those who use the bully pulpit of their position to espouse and influence with their arrogant and lefty views.

It's true that I don't pay much attention to most entertainers or what is now considered entertainment. I include sports figures as entertainers as well.

Yup... I guess fit the true definition of a curmudgeon. "a crusty, ill-tempered, and usually old man"

curmudgeon.jpg

I recall at a certain other site so many people saying (I paraphrase) I've lost all respect for... I'll never listen to (blank) again...etc.

It's the politics is personal syndrome. recall the hue and cry over Tom Hanks statement about the war in the pacific.

Entertainers make stupid statements all the time. OTOH I recall John Sebastian of the Lovin Spoonful said (I paraphrase) Don't ask us, we're just musicians and the only reason we're doing this is to get chicks.