Barrett ally: Is Haley lying about her faith?

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
38727.html
Politico:

The chairman of the Pickens County Republican Party circulated an e-mail to GOP activists and party elite Friday suggesting that South Carolina gubernatorial candidate Nikki Haley has lied about her religious beliefs.

Pickens County GOP Chair Phillip Bowers — a co-chairman of the rival Gresham Barrett campaign — says that Haley, a Christian who was born to Sikh immigrants, “can’t seem to make up her mind about her faith.”

The e-mail comes under the subject line “Nikki Haley” and links to two news reports, one that notes how Haley converted to Christianity in her 20s and another from the Christian Broadcast Network’s David Brody that points out her 2004 campaign website for state legislature had sections highlighting her Sikh background.

The CBN story Bowers points to, however, does not refute Haley’s story of having converted to Christianity in her 20s, and Brody’s only conclusion is that “Haley and the Sikh faith were an important part of her story line … back in 2004. But today there are no Sikh references on her website or campaign literature.”

Still, Bowers writes in the e-mail that “ there are lots of contradictions to [Haley’s] story.”

“It's not my place to question her faith, but I do question her honesty,” the county party chairman writes. “If anyone finds the truth, please let me know.”

“Again, I'm not questioning her faith,” he repeats, “but I absolutely can't stand a liar.”

Haley carried Pickens County in securing 49 percent statewide in the Republican Primary. She faces a runoff election Tuesday against Barrett.

A Haley campaign spokesman did not immediately return a request for comment.

Asked if the Barrett campaign had encouraged Bowers to sent the e-mail, spokesman Robert Hughes said, “Absolutely not.”

“Our campaign is focused on the issues that matter to South Carolina voters, like Representative Haley’s failure to disclose her income from a company involved with numerous state government contracts,” Hughes told POLITICO.
________

Just keep digging yourselves a deeper hole there, guys.

If these clowns were any dumber, they'd be Democrats.

shoutWestVirginiaRebel

I think I'm going to send some money to Nikki Haley, and an E-mail to Phillip Bowers, and the SC GOP telling them I did...and why.

Shades of Mike the huckster Huckabee in the 07-08 primary race.

shoutWestVirginiaRebel

I think I'm going to send some money to Nikki Haley, and an E-mail to Phillip Bowers, and the SC GOP telling them I did...and why.

Shades of Mike the huckster Huckabee in the 07-08 primary race.

I think some people in the GOP needs to stop living in the past.. Just because a person is a white christian male, it does not make a person Conservative..

Guest AnneV

I think some people in the GOP needs to stop living in the past.. Just because a person is a white christian male, it does not make a person Conservative..

...Just because someone is a white/black/brown/yellow/pink/blue/other color, religious male/female/other, doesn't make them a good person. Period!

...Just because someone is a white/black/brown/yellow/pink/blue/other color, religious male/female/other, doesn't make them a good person. Period!

That is correct... I care more about the persons values and political beliefs more than anything..