How long before we see 'Christie-Brewer in 2012' bumper stickers?

Valin

How-long-before-we-see-Christie-Brewer-in-2012-bumper-stickers--95657469.html
Washington Examiner:

Mark Tapscott
Editorial Page Editor
06/04/10

In New Jersey, Gov. Chris Christie is giving the nation's political class a seminar on how to deal with the public employee unions that are bankrupting state and local governments across the country with excessive compensation and pension demands. Christie is a tough customer who knows his facts, knows his opponents even better, and makes his case boldly.

In Arizona, Gov. Jan Brewer calls President Obama's bluff on the immigration issue and in the process re-framing the national debate about securing the border, the true costs of dealing with illegal immigrants, confronting the reality of the drug war in Mexico and how it hurts this nation, and much else.

Here's betting that somewhere in this great country somebody is ordering "Christie-Brewer in 2012" bumper stickers right now.
(Snip)

Ah...Mark....
453423810v2_480x480_Front.jpg

:D

pollyannaish

I am SO glad we have fresh faces on the scene these days. Christie and Brewer may be just what we need.

pollyannaish

That said...could this fundraising kerfuffle spell trouble?

If you're gonna go after the unions, you'd better be so squeaky clean people have to wear earplugs around you. It sure makes you realize how tough a business politics is.

If you're gonna go after the unions, you'd better be so squeaky clean people have to wear earplugs around you. It sure makes you realize how tough a business politics is.

I feel that often when the attacks start, "they" are showing their fear. It was inevitable with Christie because he is so vocal and apparently unafraid. I would expect the same for Brewer.

That article is about Christ, gov. of Florida, not Christie, gov. of NJ.

Or did I miss your point?

pollyannaish

:lol:

Ok, that's it. No more posting for me late at night. You are right. :blush:

You do know that you are the 1st person here to ever do some thing like that? We'll let it pass this time, but we'll be keeping an eye on you, so mind your P's and Q's.

I am SO glad we have fresh faces on the scene these days. Christie and Brewer may be just what we need.

What, Conservatives that back up the rhetoric with ACTION and depend on RESULTS to make them popular?!?! I doubt that the GOP Good Ol' Boys will let that happen.

pollyannaish

You do know that you are the 1st person here to ever do some thing like that? We'll let it pass this time, but we'll be keeping an eye on you, so mind your P's and Q's.

Maybe the cadence should be: Earnest, earnest, snark, oops.

Or for some of us: Earnest, oops, earnest, oops, snark, oops.

pollyannaish

Maybe the cadence should be: Earnest, earnest, snark, oops.

Or for some of us: Earnest, oops, earnest, oops, snark, oops.

Yup! That second one is for me. :lol: For some reason Chris, Crist and Christie all run together.

:unsure: I need a nap!

SrWoodchuck

We're starved for good conservative leaders, but I think it's a mistake to try pushing any leader that acts appropriately for higher office. They need our positive feedback & we need a more complete base or network of people, like Christie & Brewer; in state executive & federal legislative positions. As much as I like Sarah Palin, in retrospect, I'm glad she is, where she is today.

Let's get the idiots out of Congress, blunt Obama, or even override his veto....then shove him out the door in 2012.

I'm looking at people like Michelle Bachmann, and..........Ted Nugent. [ <--satire, on Ted ]

I'm looking at people like Michelle Bachmann, and..........Ted Nugent.

SrWoodChuck!

I gotta admit... it would make for some interesting campaign ads.

ted-nugent-scream-dream.jpg

kevindavis

I'm hoping we have fresh faces in 2012.... I would like see:

Daniels

Palwentry (sp)

Christie

Brewer (if she wins in AZ)

Jindal

In the maybe category:

Romney

Palin

Perry

I don't want to see:

Paul

Hunter

pollyannaish

I'm hoping we have fresh faces in 2012.... I would like see:

Daniels

Palwentry (sp)

Christie

Brewer (if she wins in AZ)

Jindal

In the maybe category:

Romney

Palin

Perry

I don't want to see:

Paul

Hunter

Right there with you! And at this moment I would say I'd like to see a little less of Ted. :lol:

Liz Cheney

Paul Ryan :)

We need good people in lots of places. To see someone do well and instantly push them to run for President is silly and counter productive. (And I think pushed by the media often.)

Sarah is a case in point. She's a good person, was a good governor for Alaska. But she's being pushed to be a Messiah and that isn't good for her or the country. She has lots to offer, let's let her make the most of her talents to benefit us all.

No Huckabee, Giuliani, Bush, Romney. They're all old party hacks. We have a new reality, and a country in shambles. We need new talent, new thinking.

shoutPinz said:

No Huckabee, Giuliani, Bush, Romney. They're all old party hacks. We have a new reality, and a country in shambles. We need new talent, new thinking.

cheerleader-yelling-into-megaphone.jpg

Sing it Pinz! Sing it, NCTexan!

You left out a whole bunch (for example Grahmnesty and McCain), but that's a start.

Pinz! said:

snip

Liz Cheney

Paul Ryan :)

We need good people in lots of places. To see someone do well and instantly push them to run for President is silly and counter productive. (And I think pushed by the media often.)

Sarah is a case in point. She's a good person, was a good governor for Alaska. But she's being pushed to be a Messiah and that isn't good for her or the country. She has lots to offer, let's let her make the most of her talents to benefit us all.

A couple of points...

1. While I don't necessarily disagree with you, nothing would surprise me less than to see Mitt Romney as the GOP candidate in 2012.

2. I have a deep burning loathing for Mike Huckabee. Slimy is the word that comes to mind.

I was a strong Romney supporter in 2008. I think his financial talents could help us work our way out of the mess we are in now. But I don't know if he can or would undo the health care noose around our collective necks and wallets.

That said, he may well be the candidate we vote for in 2012. He's laying groundwork for a run isn't he? (My reading has been and will stay hit or miss for a few more months.)

I think the "old" guys I listed could be great as cabinet members, advisers and mentors but I think there are also some very strong leaders who are making the move from JV to Varsity.

I will be watching for more info on all of them. I get tired of the gotcha-push from the left and the media on Sarah. I think she has a lot to offer, but hate to think about how much garbage they will continue to hurl her way.

I agree completely about Huckabee, he makes my skin crawl. I hope his personal greed keeps him raking in the bucks at FNC for many years. I can scroll on by during the weekends. ;):D

I was a strong Romney supporter in 2008. I think his financial talents could help us work our way out of the mess we are in now. But I don't know if he can or would undo the health care noose around our collective necks and wallets.

That said, he may well be the candidate we vote for in 2012. He's laying groundwork for a run isn't he? (My reading has been and will stay hit or miss for a few more months.)

I think the "old" guys I listed could be great as cabinet members, advisers and mentors but I think there are also some very strong leaders who are making the move from JV to Varsity.

I will be watching for more info on all of them. I get tired of the gotcha-push from the left and the media on Sarah. I think she has a lot to offer, but hate to think about how much garbage they will continue to hurl her way.

I agree completely about Huckabee, he makes my skin crawl. I hope his personal greed keeps him raking in the bucks at FNC for many years. I can scroll on by during the weekends. ;):D

Agree!

how did you get so smart? :P

kevindavis

I was a strong Romney supporter in 08 and I think he could have won, however, if he runs in 12 I don't know if I will support him.. His health care plan is why I kinda squishy about him..

I was a strong Romney supporter in 08 and I think he could have won, however, if he runs in 12 I don't know if I will support him.. His health care plan is why I kinda squishy about him..

ditto...

Romney's not the individual who can set the people on fire enough to defeat Obama in his full campaign mode.