RAHM EMANUEL (and Valerie Jarrett) SUBPOENAED BY BLAGOJEVICH: ATTORNEY

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
rahm_emanuel_subpoenaed_by_bla.html
Chicago Sun-Times:

President Obama's chief of staff Rahm Emanuel was subpoenaed by the defense to testify in Rod Blagojevich's upcoming trial, a Blagojevich attorney told the Chicago Sun-Times.

"Yes, he's been subpoenaed by the defense," one of Rod Blagojevich's lawyers, Shelly Sorosky said today.

Valerie Jarrett was also subpoenaed, according to the White House, which also confirmed Emanuel's subpoena after the Sun-Times reported the news.

Rod Blagojevich's trial begins tomorrow.

Sorosky described Emanuel as a "critical" witness because: "he's the supposed victim of an extortion." One of the charges against Blagojevich accuses him of attempting to extort Emanuel while he was a congressman.

Sorosky said there are two areas of interest involving Emanuel: the alleged attempted extortion of Emanuel by then-Gov. Blagojevich and the U.S. senate seat selection concerning now-White House adviser Valerie Jarrett.

Jarrett was initially interested in the Senate seat post after Obama was elected president in 2008 and Emanuel had some discussions with both Blagojevich and his staff about the open seat.

Blagojevich had the sole power to appoint a replacement to Obama's vacant seat. He's charged with trying to extract a personal benefit from his potential nominees in exchange for an appointment.

The defense in Blagojevich's case has already subpoenaed Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin and U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. -- all are Democrats.

Sorosky acknowledged that Emanuel, and many others who have been subject of subpoenas, might not actually be called to testify.

"We served a lot of these people just in case they were needed," Sorosky said.
"We don't know if we're going to call them or not. It depends on what happens at trial."
________

If Blago's going down, he's taking them down with him! :rolleyes:

I have always admired big hair Blago in a way. He's a thug but he has his own code. He's got my blessing to take the administration down.

It is too bad this is a Federal court, no TV. It would be the #1 show this summer and maybe even into fall.

Al_Simmons

Rahm Emmanuel's lawyers prepare him for testifying:

Mouthpiece: OK Rahm, let's repeat your scripted answer:

Rahmbo: I don't recall. No, I can't recall. I don't @#!%!$#@! recall Your Honor.

Mouthpiece: Fantastic! BTW, if more firm measures need to be taken with the witnesses or jury, here is Bruce Cutler's number (Teflon Don's in-house defense counsel who got 'miraculous' acquittals till the Feds found a way to kick him off the case)....