Top PR Firm for BP Tied to WH Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel

Geee

Top-PR-firm-for-BP-tied-to-White-House-Chief-of-Staff-Rahm-Emanuel-95223369.html
Washington Examiner:

Top PR firm for BP tied to White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel
By: MARK HEMINGWAY
Commentary Staff Writer
05/30/10 2:42 PM EDT

Over at The Next Right, the've pieced together some interesting connections about the White House's ties to British Petroleum, better known as the company currently polluting the Gulf of Mexico. We all know Obama was the biggest recipient of BP's campaign cash in Washington, but it seems BP's ties to the White House run even deeper.

According to The Next Right, PR firm Greenberg Quinlan Rosner "helped BP plan and evaluate its successful re-branding campaign, focusing the company's branding on energy solutions, including the development of solar and other renewable energy sources."

The firm's Stanley Greenberg is married to Rep. Rosa DeLauro, D-Conn. There was something of a flap last year when it was pointed out that White house Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel had been living in the couple's Capitol Hill townhouse, resulting in a lot of questions about whether or not this arrangement violated congressional ethical guidelines.

Further, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee paid Greenberg's firm some $500,000 in 2006 and 2008 while Emanuel was living with Greenberg, and Emanuel was even in charge of the DCCC during the 2006 election cycle.

And I'd be willing to bet that BP has paid Greenberg Quinlan Rosner a lot more than that. I doubt I'm the only one who thinks that BP's relationship with the White House might be a little too close for comfort.

I am just an average guy but it seems to me no big wonder that the oil is still leaking. Kind of like the vietnam war, this being run by politics rather than science, engineering and common sense.

First of all, the president sets up a science panel and then fires an expert on the matter because of his stand on gay marriage. WTF? What does that have to do with a oil leak? If you have an expert than let him work, no......PC reigns these days

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-over-writing/

It would seem to me that what the president should have done was to offer BP whatever equipment or expertise they needed to get this resolved. The states should be allowed to do whatever is needed to preserve their coasts, to hell with permits and other crap. But no, bureaucracy reigns. The Gov. of Louisiana wants to build barrier islands but the Corps of Engineers will not give him the permit. It wouldn’t surprise me that this has to do with him being a republican..

Remember, the chief of staff Rahm Emanuel said never let a crisis go to waste. Rather that do the common sense thing this president has been using this disaster as an excuse to push the idiotic “green” carbon neutral agenda. He has canceled oil drilling permits which is in line with his enviro- whacko followers.

It seems that BP has been trying all these crazy fixes under pressure from the gov’t and the media rather than the known methods that work. THis isn’t the first time that this has happened. a Mexican rig blew in 1979 and spewed for 9 months until the relief well was drilled.

http://www.nola.com/news/gulf-oil-sp...ill_has_p.html

So, Obama get out of the way, get off the beach for photo ops and give BP the help they need.. You show up, they provide beach cleanners who leave when you do.

Either help out or get the HELL OUT OF THE WAY!!!!

SrWoodchuck

shoutNCJim!

I agree with every thing you've said, as another average guy.

I'd also like to ask, where are the BP tankers, that could have been sucking oil & seawater into their holds & then purging seawater, It was done before with great success, and guess what.....they even saved the oil.

shoutPinz!

Rahm would just say that incest is all relative!

That Rahm...........half a mill for spendin' the night....what a bargain!

I remember in the beginning of this whole mess several countries offered their assistance. Does anyone remember who they were? Because we have relatively few of these incidents other countries are more experienced than we are at cleaning up these messes. If Bush had refused help I could just hear the screeches of the 'go it alone' arrogance he was showing.