White House bracing for Arlen Specter loss?

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
bob_schieffer_white_house_priv.html
Washington Post:

If this is true, it's significant: CBS chief Washington correspondent Bob Schieffer is now saying that he has it on good authority that the White House is privately bracing for Arlen Specter to lose tomorrow.

Schieffer, to my knowledge, has not said this on national TV yet. But he made the claim in an interview with the local CBS affiliate in Philadelphia. "I have been told on background that the White House is preparing for a Specter loss here, and that the president doesn't want to be associated with that," Schieffer said.

I've also learned that Veep Joe Biden will not be doing any campaign events for Specter in the final stretch, though it's not immediately clear how significant this is. Last week, Biden said he'd be doing events for Specter "as needed."

But a Biden aide confirms for me that no campaign events are scheduled, even though Biden will be in Pennsylvania tonight speaking at his daughter's graduation. Biden has done radio interviews on Specter's behalf.

As for Shieffer's claim that the White House is preparing for a Specter loss, keep in mind that the White House decided against a last-minute visit to Pennsylvania by Obama. Also, the White House would presumably have access to the best intelligence on the race from the DSCC, the Pennsylvania Democratic Party, and the office of Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell, all of whom have thrown their weight behind Specter.

So if Shieffer's right, all these people may be privately telling the White House Specter may be going down. Which means it just may be true.
________

He's done:
marblemedia_BurntToast1.jpg

And Obama's bus just keeps on rollin':
obama-buscrowdedsmall.jpg

SrWoodchuck

WVR, thanks for the post!

My comments:

Obama did not stump, becaused he can't afford more lost popularity points like with "Brownies" win in Mass.

Would Governor Ed Rendell please gather his weight & throw it out a second story window, please?

I said please...............can't stand that pompous pendejo.

[sorry about the pendejo.....it snuck over the fence.]

righteousmomma

WVR, thanks for the post!

My comments:

Obama did not stump, becaused he can't afford more lost popularity points like with "Brownies" win in Mass.

Would Governor Ed Rendell please gather his weight & throw it out a second story window, please?

I said please...............can't stand that pompous pendejo.

[sorry about the pendejo.....it snuck over the fence.]

:lmfao:shout SRWoodchuck!

(I agree --can't stand Rendell !!!!!Tthough I had to look up the meaning of your Spanish.)