Biden’s ‘senior moment’ betrayal of Israel driving ‘Never Trumpers’ to Trump

Valin

Valin
The Washington Examiner

Paul Bedard
May 9, 2024

Two simple but meaningful words from House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) — “senior moment” — and President Joe Biden’s flip-flop on providing aid to Israel in its do-or-die war with Hamas have seemingly united the GOP, including “Never Trumpers.”

After days of ducking the topic, Biden blurted out on Wednesday night that he had suspended military arms shipments to Israel at exactly the time it says it needs them most.

(Snip)

“My reaction honestly was: Wow, that is a complete turn from what I have been told even in, you know, recent hours,” Johnson said. “I mean, 24 hours ago, it was confirmed to me by top administration officials that the policy’s very different than what he stated there. So I hope that’s a senior moment,” he added.

(Snip)

Even some noted Never Trumpers have expressed dismay and may go back to supporting Trump.

Conservative influencer John Schindler tweeted to his 235,000 followers, “I was #NeverTrump before basically anybody. Biden screwing over our ally, at war, over domestic politics is the last straw. I am not pro-Trump but he’s not the worst evil now.”

And conservative pundit Jonah Goldberg tweeted, “Fwiw. I’ve heard from a LOT of reliably anti-Trump people — I mean really, really, anti-Trump people — who have had it with Biden tonight. Anecdotal, to be sure. But very telling in my circle.”