Letter From A Jan. 6 Political Prisoner

Geee

Issues & Insights

:snip:

Dear Armando,

A while ago I had read your story, Doña Raquel’s Dilemma, and it is one of my favorites. I was thinking about it and wondered if the Jaguar and Octavio were the same person, if this wasn’t a metaphor for an internal struggle.

We had some good news, I think, in the form of questions asked by the Supreme Court Justices this past Tuesday. It is a day that I had been so looking forward to and is now replaced with an unknown future date when the Supreme Court issues its ruling. This will probably be in early July or maybe, if I am lucky, mid-June.

The case I am talking about is the one of Fischer v. USA. This case, if won by Fischer, will have the potential of taking years off my sentence – in a just world. We will see. People do the right thing all the time and surprise us by resisting the pull of humanity’s long tide. Throughout its history, sometimes people stand against its current, and on those rare occasions, even some Democrats. Maybe our district court judges will do the right thing after a winning Supreme Court ruling and resentence us properly.

My wife received a text message on her phone the other day from the wife of one of the other J6 inmates here. The text was a screenshot of a Twitter/X post about my emails being delayed and some of my mail being rejected and calling for people to call the prison or write it or something. It is apparently getting a lot of traction. This I am afraid will land me in the hole or get me shipped to a prison hundreds or even thousands of miles away from my family. Maybe people can call Congress about these things happening to J6 prisoners generally, but calls placed directly to the prison about J6 prisoners or me specifically will land me and possibly all of us J6 prisoners in the hole.

J6 defendant David Homol commits suicide in Florida while awaiting trial

A Florida man who had been arrested on charges related to his alleged role in the January 6 US Capitol riot has committed suicide while awaiting trial, according to a police report.

David Kennedy Homol, 55, of Umatilla, Florida, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. He was found dead on April 18, police said.

Homol is now the fifth Jan. 6 defendant to commit suicide.