Who Is Mothin Ali? British Councillor Who Shouted 'Allahu Akbar' After Being Elected In Local Polls

Valin

Valin
New 18

Rohit

May 07, 2024

The newly-elected British councillor for Leeds has sparked controversy after a video of him shouting “Allahu Akbar” went viral following his win in the local election. Mothin Ali, a 42-year-old accountant, and father-of-three, made headlines with his fiery victory speech in Leeds, where he said his election was a “win for the people of Gaza”.

Who is Mothin Ali?

Ali’s journey to the political forefront with the UK’s Green Party began with his win in Leeds Council elections, where he triumphed in the Gipton and Harehills seats, with over 3000 votes. His victory speech, marked by the exclamation “Allahu Akbar,” stirred criticism.

(Snip)

Not all stood against Mothin Ali, many backed the pro-Palestine candidate. “I really wish we had a proper pro-Palestine candidate in London standing as mayor. I would have definitely made the effort to go out and vote for someone like Mothin Ali. He offers principled stances and appears unapologetic in his beliefs. If Allah Hu Akbar scares you then I’d advise you grow up a bit…” said one of the users on X.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Not You Fathers Britain.