Some on the Right Are Having a Moral Meltdown - Dennis Prager

Geee

American Greatness

My disdain for the left began at a young age. From as early as I can recall, I hated evil, and I therefore always hated communism. When I realized the left either supported communism or, at the very least, opposed anti-communism, I understood that leftism was a force for evil. Liberals and conservatives hated communism; leftists did not.

As liberals began their leftward drift in the 1960s—to cite one example, virtually all liberal media condemned President Ronald Reagan’s description of the Soviet Union as “an evil empire”—I came to regard conservatism as a moral refuge in a dark world. In the conservative moral universe, America was essentially a force for good; communism was evil; liberty, most especially free speech, was a supreme value; Western civilization was a morally superior civilization; the Judeo-Christian value system was the moral bedrock of the West; and Islamic violence—as exemplified by al-Qaeda, the Islamic State, Boko Haram, the Taliban, Hamas, Hezbollah, and the Iranian regime—was the great religious threat of our time.

That conservative moral universe is in decline. Some leading figures on the right are as confused as the left on some of the most important moral issues. This was made manifest last week when Tucker Carlson told Joe Rogan that any person who defends the dropping of the atomic bombs over Japan is evil.

Here is what he said:

“People on my side … on the right, you know, have spent 80 years defending dropping nuclear weapons on civilians. Like, are you joking? That’s just like prima facie evil. … It’s wrong to drop nuclear weapons on people. And if you find yourself arguing that it’s a good thing to drop nuclear weapons on people, then you are evil. Like, it’s not a tough one. It’s not a hard call for me. So, with that in mind, like, why would you want nuclear weapons? It’s, like, just a mindless, childish sort of intellectual exercise to justify — like, ‘Oh, no, it’s really good because somebody else will get it.’ How about ‘no’? How about, like, spending all of your effort to prevent this from happening? Would you kill baby Hitler, you know, famously?”

Given that nearly every liberal and conservative thinker over the past 80 years has defended the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, in Tucker’s view, nearly every conservative and liberal thinker of the last 80 years was or is evil.

For those 80 years, the charge that America was evil for having dropped those bombs on Japan has been associated almost exclusively with the left.

:snip:

Valin
36 minutes ago, Geee said:

American Greatness

That conservative moral universe is in decline. Some leading figures on the right are as confused as the left on some of the most important moral issues. This was made manifest last week when Tucker Carlson told Joe Rogan that any person who defends the dropping of the atomic bombs over Japan is evil.

Here is what he said:

“People on my side … on the right, you know, have spent 80 years defending dropping nuclear weapons on civilians. Like, are you joking? That’s just like prima facie evil. … It’s wrong to drop nuclear weapons on people. And if you find yourself arguing that it’s a good thing to drop nuclear weapons on people, then you are evil. Like, it’s not a tough one. It’s not a hard call for me. So, with that in mind, like, why would you want nuclear weapons? It’s, like, just a mindless, childish sort of intellectual exercise to justify — like, ‘Oh, no, it’s really good because somebody else will get it.’ How about ‘no’? How about, like, spending all of your effort to prevent this from happening? Would you kill baby Hitler, you know, famously?”

1. :wallbash:

2. It is one thing to sit here in 2024 and make that argument. It is quite another thing to make that argument in spring of 1945. 

3. Speaking of "a mindless, childish sort of intellectual exercise" That is a good example of what you have done.

Aug 6, 2023
The atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki ended the Second World War. Don't take my word for it: hear it from the lips of the one person capable of making that decision. Recorded in 2009.

5. To closely paraphrase a friend "Tucker seem to have gone a bit over the edge."  I'm waiting for him to bring Nick Fuentes on his show.

6. Ben Shapiro has  offered to debate/talk to Tucker. So fa Tucker has refused. I've also noticed he stays away from places/people whee he will get hard questioning.

• 1 month later...

@Geee

Its  De Joose! They Run Everything.

BTW Donald Trump Did NOT endorse  him.

H/T TOS

SDwaters
On 5/2/2024 at 6:03 AM, Geee said:

This was made manifest last week when Tucker Carlson told Joe Rogan that any person who defends the dropping of the atomic bombs over Japan is evil.

Mr. Carlson was born in 1969.  The odds are very good that his birth would not have happened had the invasion of the Japanese home islands not been cancelled by the "early" end of the war.  I guess he hates his on existence.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, SDwaters said:

Mr. Carlson was born in 1969.  The odds are very good that his birth would not have happened had the invasion of the Japanese home islands not been cancelled by the "early" end of the war.  I guess he hates his on existence.  

Tucker has gone a little over the edge recently. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Valin said:

@Geee

Its  De Joose! They Run Everything.

BTW Donald Trump Did NOT endorse  him.

H/T TOS

Sasha Stone
Jun 07, 2024

Comment from a skinny old Wise Ass

Steve

You don't think AIPAC Runs Congress (which is basically what he said) is Stupid?

Benjamin Holm
22 hrs ago

No. Why would that be stupid?

(A bit off topic comment)

Steve
21 hrs ago

Let me point something else out.

No Judaism, No Jews,

No Jews No Jesus,

No Jesus no Christianity,

No Christianity, No The West.

3 hours ago, Geee said:

Tucker has gone a little over the edge recently. 

What I am seeing is a problem with Libertarian ideology (particularly on Foreign affairs) & Populism.

On Israel they will say They Support Israel, they just don't want to Help them They are Failing The Israel Test.

Apr 19, 2024

PLEASE NOTE - YOUTUBE HAVE DISABLED COMMENTING ON THIS VIDEO AND A FEW OTHERS - WE DON’T WHY AND TRYING TO RESOLVE. Of all the problems of genuine Christian persecution around the world, Tucker Carlson decided to devote a recent episode to the issue of Christians in Israel. Dennis Prager react in an interview on GB News America with Steven Edginton.

Someone Who Is NOT a Jew

Apr 10, 2024

Megyn Kelly is joined by Victor Davis Hanson, author of "The End of Everything,” to discuss the ignorant arguments we're seeing on the right about Christians and Israel, why America has an interest to support Israel, how Ukraine and Israel are totally different conflicts, and more.