Why 2024 is a lose-lose election

Geee

The Hill

:snip:

Now we have a rematch between President Biden and former President Trump, but in an environment with very different trends that are driving the very different issues. Biden, in 2021, decided to be a transformational president and to mainly ignore healing the nation. This has cost him in the polls because other issues grew into crises and the perception was created that he was ignoring or mishandling them. As a result, parts of his 2020 coalition are fracturing.

Trump is trying to compare his record as president with Biden’s, but he is being hampered by court cases. Trump has an extremely loyal base of support. However, negative branding as an autocrat who is a threat to democracy is creating problems for him breaking through to independent and undecided Republican voters. 

In a second term, with Democrats in control of the House and Senate, Biden would move to codify Roe v. Wade and to grant amnesty and a path to citizenship to migrants. Americans will see the “green agenda” accelerate as his imposed deadlines to end fossil fuels and eliminate many home appliances approach. Also, his economic policies would reflect the goals of the World Economic Forum as he pursues putting our economy on a post-capitalist footing and moving toward global governance. Not a recipe for unity.

A Trump victory would exacerbate fear and loathing among his enemies. They will challenge every executive action in court and parse every word he utters to define his motivations as rooted in racism, bigotry and malevolence. If they regained the House, Democrats would likely impeach him for the third time predicated on their belief that he is a threat to democracy and an aspiring dictator.

Protests, like those in 2020, will dominate the landscape, and the legacy media will frame the narrative as a fight to restore democracy. Blue state governors will disregard or refuse to enforce federal laws that they perceive will roll-back progress on core Democratic issues. This too is not a recipe for unity.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Geee said:
The Hill

In a second term, with Democrats in control of the House and Senate, Biden would move to codify Roe v. Wade and to grant amnesty and a path to citizenship to migrants. Americans will see the “green agenda” accelerate as his imposed deadlines to end fossil fuels and eliminate many home appliances approach. Also, his economic policies would reflect the goals of the World Economic Forum as he pursues putting our economy on a post-capitalist footing and moving toward global governance. Not a recipe for unity.

Meanwhile The Spoiled Children

IF The Dems win The House it will because of "Conservatives" like these. And  it could bleed over into other races. The Message will be Republicans can't govern.

In a Discussion at The Right Scoop

" Cassie7/9 2 days ago "At this point I don’t want Republicans to win a broader majority."

Steven Wiederholt 2 days ago

The DNC says Thank You.

Cassie7/9 Steven Wiederholt 2 days ago

We’ve had those majorities. All 3 in fact. Nothing has changed…
Steven Wiederholt Cassie7/9 2 days ago

Nothing? Don't follow news much, do ya.

(She deleted her rely)

It was "No I Don't"

Welcome to the New Right. FEELINGS not  Facts rule. 

To be honest, I've seen A  Lot of this, and I'm Scared.

1 hour ago, Geee said:
The Hill

A Trump victory would exacerbate fear and loathing among his enemies. They will challenge every executive action in court and parse every word he utters to define his motivations as rooted in racism, bigotry and malevolence. If they regained the House, Democrats would likely impeach him for the third time predicated on their belief that he is a threat to democracy and an aspiring dictator.

Protests, like those in 2020, will dominate the landscape, and the legacy media will frame the narrative as a fight to restore democracy. Blue state governors will disregard or refuse to enforce federal laws that they perceive will roll-back progress on core Democratic issues. This too is not a recipe for unity.

Been saying this for a while now. You know me, Capt. Optimist....But got a bad feeling.  IF the Democrats try to pull a 2020...Look Out. if Donald Trump  Wins....Look Out! I want a nice Normal Election...BUT...Ya know.

7 minutes ago, Valin said:

Ditto

@Valin

INTEREST IN PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION HITS 20-YEAR LOW, SURVEY FINDS

The share of voters who say they have high interest in the 2024 election has hit a nearly 20-year low at this point in a presidential race, according to the latest national NBC News poll, with majorities holding negative views of both President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump.

The poll also shows Biden trimming Trump’s previous lead to just 2 points in a head-to-head contest, an improvement within the margin of error compared to the previous survey, as Biden bests Trump on the issues of abortion and uniting the country, while Trump is ahead on competency and dealing with inflation.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Geee said:

@Valin

INTEREST IN PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION HITS 20-YEAR LOW, SURVEY FINDS

The share of voters who say they have high interest in the 2024 election has hit a nearly 20-year low at this point in a presidential race, according to the latest national NBC News poll, with majorities holding negative views of both President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump.

The poll also shows Biden trimming Trump’s previous lead to just 2 points in a head-to-head contest, an improvement within the margin of error compared to the previous survey, as Biden bests Trump on the issues of abortion and uniting the country, while Trump is ahead on competency and dealing with inflation.

As for Polls, talk to me in Sept. Now his poll may be right, BUT ts April....And its NBC.

54 minutes ago, Valin said:
1 hour ago, Geee said:

As for Polls, talk to me in Sept. Now his poll may be right, BUT ts April....And its NBC.

I thought that too, but for my Monday morning ride through town. The 36 years I've been in this town you could always tell if an election was on the horizon, especially a Presidential election year. The D's vs R's left no doubt. Last P election was plastered for a year. Maybe things will change after the conventions, but there was not ONE sign.  Speaking of which, I thought it interesting that both parties chose Midwest states for their conventions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valin said:

Meanwhile The Spoiled Children

IF The Dems win The House it will because of "Conservatives" like these. And  it could bleed over into other races. The Message will be Republicans can't govern.

In a Discussion at The Right Scoop

" Cassie7/9 2 days ago "At this point I don’t want Republicans to win a broader majority."

Steven Wiederholt 2 days ago

The DNC says Thank You.

Cassie7/9 Steven Wiederholt 2 days ago

We’ve had those majorities. All 3 in fact. Nothing has changed…
Steven Wiederholt Cassie7/9 2 days ago

Nothing? Don't follow news much, do ya.

(She deleted her rely)

It was "No I Don't"

Welcome to the New Right. FEELINGS not  Facts rule. 

Here is what I am talking about

And we have people like Matt Gaetz, MTG,etc and  their followers Helping AOC.