Speaker Mike Johnson | Strong America Requires Strong Allies

Valin

A Beleaguered Gentleman: Speaker Mike Johnson

The sky is cloudless and blue on a warm April afternoon as a cheerful Mike Johnson, seated on a beige couch next to an unlit fireplace in an office still new to him, contemplates his demise, taking solace in Providence and repeating the words of John Quincy Adams – an illustration of his circumstances almost as much as a reluctant acceptance of fate:

“Duty is ours. Results are God’s.”

The future of the 56th speaker of the House of Representatives also belongs to the Almighty, if not a small cadre of his fellow Republicans. Johnson admits as much in an interview with RealClearPolitics on Monday when asked if he’s prepared to risk his speakership over sending war aid to Ukraine.:snip:

@Geee

(Here I Go Again)

3 Small Questions for those wanting Speaker Johnson to be ousted.

1. What Do You Want? (Apparently Their way on Everything)

2. How do you get it? (gun up the works so that nothing gets one + you get face time in the lime  light)

3.And Then What Happens? (“I’m like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn’t know what to do if I caught one, you know, I just do…things.” The Joker)

IF the GOP loses The House People like Matt Gaetz, MTG will be at fault. Because they will have shown voters that The House GOP is incapable of actually governing.

Comments at The Right Scoop

TOS

:wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:

41 minutes ago, Valin said:

@Geee

(Here I Go Again)

3 Small Questions for those wanting Speaker Johnson to be ousted.

1. What Do You Want? (Apparently Their way on Everything)

2. How do you get it? (gun up the works so that nothing gets one + you get face time in the lime  light)

3.And Then What Happens? (“I’m like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn’t know what to do if I caught one, you know, I just do…things.” The Joker)

IF the GOP loses The House People like Matt Gaetz, MTG will be at fault. Because they will have shown voters that The House GOP is incapable of actually governing.

Comments at The Right Scoop

TOS

:wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:

Name me one person that could handle this job. No one.

s-l400-3848569083.jpg

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Geee said:

Been saying that for some time now.

SDwaters
20 hours ago, Geee said:

The term "herding cats" comes to mind . . . except the comparison to the idiot R's in the house is insulting to cats!

Sadly, hubris isn't new for the Republicans.  I remember back in the stone age (1981) when, for the first time in my life, the Democrats didn't hold both houses (the R's had the Senate).  Instead of focusing on fixing the damage Carter had done, several of them started talking about prayer in school as their first priority.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, SDwaters said:

The term "herding cats" comes to mind . . . except the comparison to the idiot R's in the house is insulting to cats!

Sadly, hubris isn't new for the Republicans.  I remember back in the stone age (1981) when, for the first time in my life, the Democrats didn't hold both houses (the R's had the Senate).  Instead of focusing on fixing the damage Carter had done, several of them started talking about prayer in school as their first priority.

“We have two parties here, and only two. One is the evil party, and the other is the stupid party. I’m very proud to be a member of the stupid party. Occasionally, the two parties get together to do something that’s both evil and stupid. That’s called bipartisanship.”

M. Stanton Evans

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MISBAILEY said:

image.jpeg

“In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress.”

John Adams

• Haha 2