Iran readies more than 100 cruise missiles and drones for deadly Israel strike, US intelligence officials reveal, as Pentagon moves aircraft carrier into the Red Sea amid fears of full-scale war

Geee

Daily Mail

• Iran has reportedly readied an arsenal of cruise missiles and drones as the country reportedly prepares to launch an attack on Israel 
  • The country has threatened to hit back at Israel over an attack in Syria last week that Tehran say was an Israeli airstrike on a Iranian diplomatic building  
  • :snip:
  • Like 1

Apr 13, 2024

American intel expects Iran to strike multiple targets inside Israel within the next few days in retaliation for an Israeli strike on the Iranian Embassy complex in Damascus on April 1 that killed several senior Iranian Republican Guard Quds Force commanders

Iran launches drones towards Israel weeks after deadly Syria consulate strike

Earlier Saturday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Israel had for weeks "been preparing for the possibility of a direct attack from Iran." 

The Prime Minister said Israel's "air defenses are deployed, we are ready for any scenario, both in attack and in defense." 

"I established a clear principle -- whoever hurts us, we hurt him. We will protect ourselves from any threat and we will do so with coolness and determination," he said.

The attack came just hours after President Biden cut short a weekend trip to his Delaware beach house and returned to the White House to monitor the unfolding crisis. :snip:

Iran's deadly kamikaze drones arrive in Jerusalem: Sirens heard across the city as Israel fires missiles to intercept aerial bombardment - with explosions seen lighting up the sky

The night sky above Jerusalem is lighting up, as the more than 100 drones and missile sent by Iran have begun to enter Israeli airspace. 

Iran launched drones, cruise missiles and ballistic missiles towards Israeli targets in response to a drone strike at the beginning of April in Syria that left 12 Iranians, including two top generals, dead. 

The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) said via state media: 'The aerospace unit of the Revolutionary Guards has attacked targets in Israel with dozens of drones and missiles in reaction to the Zionist regime's crimes, including the attack on the consulate section of Iran's embassy in Damascus and martyring our commanders and military advisers in Syria.'

:snip:

Apr 13, 2024

New footage shows explosions in the sky above Jerusalem after Iran launches drone strikes on Israel.

Apr 13, 2024

The U.S., U.K. and other allies are vowing to support Israel in its defense against a drone attack launched by Iran. CBS News contributor Robert Berger and Andrew Boyd, former chief of operations in the CIA's Counterterrorism Mission Center, break down how Israel and its allies are responding.

Berg’s Eighteenth Law of Media Latency:  Nothing the media writes/says about any emotionally charged event – a mass shooting, a police shooting, anything – should be taken seriously for 48 hours after the original incident.  It will largely be rubbish, as media outlets vie to “scoop” each other even on incorrect facts.

Power Line

Comment

How many of Iran’s missiles and drones are paid for with the billions of dollars the “Biden Administration” has made available to Iran?

And Now 2 Comments From The Televised Mental Institution

@td4190
44 seconds ago
Us needs to stay out of this if Israel wants to fight with everyone around them that's there fault.

@jimeagle5509

55 seconds ago

Trump wars started:

Deep Thoughts! :rolleyes:

Apr. 13 2024

As predicted, Iran has launched a large-scale missile and drone attack on Israel. Is this a one-off retaliation or an escalation of the regional conflict?

Biden warns Netanyahu US will NOT support Israel's counterattack on Iran amid fears of all-out war: President tells PM in late-night call 'you got a win, take the win' after IDF shot down 'nearly all' incoming drones and missiles

• President Biden has made it clear to Benjamin Netanyahu that US forces will not join offensive operations against Iran, according to reports 
  • The comments were made by Biden during a phone call between the two leaders after Iran unleashed a drone and missile attack on Israel 
  • Biden released a statement following the call between the two leaders saying it had reaffirmed America's 'ironclad commitment to the security of Israel' 
  • :snip:

1 hour ago, Geee said:

After last night

Scott Johnson

Apr. 14 2014

The Iranian regime has been at war with Israel, the United States, and the West roughly since the Ayatollah overthrew the Shah of Iran. It is not a war that Israel has chosen. It is a war that has been thrust upon it by a regime of genocidal maniacs

Thirty years after the fact the Court of Cassation in Buenos Aires issued a ruling blaming Iran for bombing the Asociación Mutual Israelita Argentina—a Jewish community center in Buenos Aires—on July 18, 1994, using its terrorist proxy Hezbollah. The attack left 85 dead and more than 300 wounded. The court called it a crime against humanity.

That’s how Iran likes to roll — indirectly, through proxies and cut-outs that diffuse responsibility. They’ve got Hamas. They’ve got Hezbollah. They’ve got the Houthis. Hamas of course perpetrated the October 7 massacre. Hezbollah and the Houthis have supported Hamas in the subsequent hostilities.

Last night was something different. Why is this attack different from all other attacks? The IRGC conducted a massive drone and missile (cruise and ballistic) attack on Israel from Iranian territory — this after President Biden had issued his warning not to do it. “Don’t,” he said.

According to IDF spokesman Peter Lerner, the IRGC lobbed 180 explosive drones, 120 ballistic missiles, and 30 cruise missiles at Israel last night. That’s a lot of firepower.

(Snip)

A point I keep making is Iran has been At War with The West (and its Arab Neighbors)since 1979. Maybe its time they paid the price for 45 years of aggression?

31 minutes ago, Valin said:

A point I keep making is Iran has been At War with The West (and its Arab Neighbors)since 1979. Maybe its time they paid the price for 45 years of aggression?

Before they have serious nuclear capabilities (which I hope they don't already have)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Geee said:

Before they have serious nuclear capabilities (which I hope they don't already have)

Then its a Whole New Ballgame!

You will notice something. None of their "Allies" Russia, China, North Korea, have given them  Nuclear Weapons. Which tells us they may be nuts but they're not That Nuts. Heck even the Islamist Pakistanis would give them any.

What is the Iron Dome?

:snip:

What is the Iron Dome and how does it work?

Like many modern air defense systems, an Iron Dome battery uses a sophisticated radar system to track inbound missiles that are then intercepted by Tamir missiles fired from multiple launchers attached to the radar system.

Each Iron Dome battery consists of three to four launchers that can each carry up to 20 Tamir interceptor missiles.

The system can bring down rockets fired from a range of 2 to 40 miles away.

The mobile air defense system first became operational in 2011 and since then has had a very high success rate in intercepting rockets targeting Israel.

The IDF has disclosed that in May 2023, when Islamic Jihad launched a barrage of rockets toward Israel, 95.6% of the Iron Dome interceptors launched by the system successfully destroyed incoming rockets.

The IDF's information highlights the reality that an interceptor missile is not fired at every rocket that makes it into Israeli territory. Instead, based on tracking data, the system fires interceptors only if an incoming rocket poses a threat to a populated area. If not deemed to pose a threat, then the incoming rocket will land in an unpopulated area.

The Iron Dome is typically located around cities or smaller populated areas that have been targeted in the past by incoming rockets.:snip:

2 hours ago, Valin said:

Remember Before June of 67

All I remember from back then was struggling to make rent :)

27 minutes ago, Geee said:

All I remember from back then was struggling to make rent :)

I was struggling though summer school so I could get my *High School diploma.  (made it..some how) :scratchhead:

* now you know why I say I'm Not All That Bright.

1 hour ago, Valin said:

I was struggling though summer school so I could get my *High School diploma.  (made it..some how) :scratchhead:

* now you know why I say I'm Not All That Bright.

Mr G had to go to SS because he failed Spanish, then he joined the Air Force. They sent him to Spain for 4 years :lol:

• Haha 1