What about Tucker?

Valin

Power Line

Scott Johnson

Apr. 11 2024

Tucker Carlson must be one of the most popular conservative commentators in the country. His show on X attracts clicks by the hundreds of thousands. This week he sought falsely to blacken Israel’s reputation by promoting the views of a Bethlehem pastor that Israel mistreats Christiand. In so doing, he obviously seeks to drive wedge between Israel and Christian supporters of Israel. While Israel is engaged in a fight for its life, I thought the timing was peculiar and that Carlson deserved to be called out for the mendacity of his performance. I wrote about it here.

Mosaic senior editor Andrew Koss put it this way in the site’s daily email roundup this morning:

(Snip)

As it turns out, I wasn’t the only one who noticed or found Carlson’s performance worthy of comment. I have collected the comments of some intelligent observers below. Incidentally, I don’t think Tucker is stupid or uninformed. I think his isolationism has led him into a dark place.

Let’s lead off with the great Victor Davis Hanson.

(Snip)

This is stupid and malevolent. Christians live far better in Israel than in any of the surrounding countries. Palestinian rule — not Israeli — is what drove Christians from Bethlehem. Before the Israelis withdrew, per the Oslo Accords, Christians thrived there.

(Snip)

Tucker knows well that Bethlehem isn't governed by Israel. This is shameful bullshit.
(Snip)

OK. So, if @benshapiro, a patriotic American Jew, cares deeply about America's great Jewish ally, that's disloyal. But if @TuckerCarlson spreads anti-Israeli distortions and lies in defense of terrorist murderers holding American hostages, that's patriotism. Got it. 🤪

(Snip)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Valin said:
Power Line

Scott Johnson

Apr. 11 2024

Tucker Carlson must be one of the most popular conservative commentators in the country. His show on X attracts clicks by the hundreds of thousands. This week he sought falsely to blacken Israel’s reputation by promoting the views of a Bethlehem pastor that Israel mistreats Christiand. In so doing, he obviously seeks to drive wedge between Israel and Christian supporters of Israel. While Israel is engaged in a fight for its life, I thought the timing was peculiar and that Carlson deserved to be called out for the mendacity of his performance. I wrote about it here.

Mosaic senior editor Andrew Koss put it this way in the site’s daily email roundup this morning:

(Snip)

As it turns out, I wasn’t the only one who noticed or found Carlson’s performance worthy of comment. I have collected the comments of some intelligent observers below. Incidentally, I don’t think Tucker is stupid or uninformed. I think his isolationism has led him into a dark place.

Let’s lead off with the great Victor Davis Hanson.

(Snip)

This is stupid and malevolent. Christians live far better in Israel than in any of the surrounding countries. Palestinian rule — not Israeli — is what drove Christians from Bethlehem. Before the Israelis withdrew, per the Oslo Accords, Christians thrived there.

(Snip)

Tucker knows well that Bethlehem isn't governed by Israel. This is shameful bullshit.
(Snip)

OK. So, if @benshapiro, a patriotic American Jew, cares deeply about America's great Jewish ally, that's disloyal. But if @TuckerCarlson spreads anti-Israeli distortions and lies in defense of terrorist murderers holding American hostages, that's patriotism. Got it. 🤪

(Snip)

Read a different article (forgot where duh) that said basically the same thing. I rarely watch Tucker clips anymore. He does seem to have gone a bit in to the abyss.

• Like 1

What the Hell Is Wrong With Tucker Carlson?

I used to enjoy the occasional Tucker Carlson monologue on Fox News. His content was usually pointed and amusing and delivered with a breezy charm. But I rarely bothered with a Tucker Carlson interview. As an interviewer, too often, I found him strangely incurious and glib instead of breezy.

But his interview on Tuesday with Reverend Munther Isaac was so much worse than merely glib or incurious.

Carlson chose to interview Isaac to find out how the Jewish State of Israel treats Christians. Isaac is a priest who neither lives nor works in Israel and who uses the loaded phrase "Occupied Palestine" as his location on his Twitter/X profile. He is a Palestinian Christian from Palestinian-controlled Bethlehem, where Christian ministers serve at the mercy of the Palestinian Authority. 

These things would have been nice to know before, during, or after the interview. Barring providing context, Carlson could have conducted a second interview with a Christian priest who actually does live and work in Israel. Or he could have spoken to them both at the same time in a discussion/debate format. Or maybe Carlson could have at least asked Isaac more pointed and revealing questions.:snip:

49 minutes ago, Geee said:

What the Hell Is Wrong With Tucker Carlson?

But his interview on Tuesday with Reverend Munther Isaac was so much worse than merely glib or incurious.

IF he had started  the show out by saying people need to hear from all sides of an issues, and that is what I am about. That would have been one thing (The right thing IMO), But he didn't. An therein lays the problem, particularly with his attack on Ben Shapiro.

He does seem to have gone a bit in to the abyss.

:thumbup:

:scratchhead: Maybe we are seeing Why he was fired from Fox? Just A Thought.

The old GOP is slowly going away. That’s good. But that doesn’t necessarily mean the new GOP will be better. It will be different. But the infighting happening now and in the coming years will determine if it’s any better. Stay involved. The involved ones will decide.

1 hour ago, Valin said:

:scratchhead: Maybe we are seeing Why he was fired from Fox? Just A Thought.

Was a thought I had also. Corporations have to worry about suits, as they found out the hard way.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Geee said:

Was a thought I had also. Corporations have to worry about suits, as they found out the hard way.

Just throwing Ideas  out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...