Madison Spent ‘Zuckbucks 2.0’ Funds Right Before Wisconsinites Outlawed Them

Geee

The Federalist

A Madison, Wisconsin official admitted the city’s recent decision to spend a $1.5 million “Zuckbucks” grant was based on the chance that voters would pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting its use. Wisconsinites approved such a measure during the state’s primary elections on Tuesday.

Madison City Attorney Mike Haas revealed to a local NBC affiliate on Wednesday that the city — which sits in a county Joe Biden won by more than 52 points during the 2020 election — “used most of the nearly $1.5 million in private grant money at its disposal to purchase a new machine to process absentee ballots.” Madison originally accepted the monies from the Center for Tech and Civic Life (CTCL) in January 2023 for “planning and operating safe and secure elections,” according to the Wisconsin State Journal.:snip:

• Like 1

SDwaters
1 hour ago, Geee said:

A Madison, Wisconsin official admitted the city’s recent decision to spend a $1.5 million “Zuckbucks” grant was based on the chance that voters would pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting its use.

I was going to say something about a government doing things they know the voters are against.  Then I remembered that the population of Madison probably approved thoroughly.😪 

1 minute ago, SDwaters said:

I was going to say something about a government doing things they know the voters are against.  Then I remembered that the population of Madison probably approved thoroughly.😪 

I think I just might send a note to DeSantis, telling him they need a bus full of surprise packages :P

• Like 2