Strategic blow: Alleged Israeli airstrike takes out Iranian general in Damascus

Geee

Jerusalem Post

The strike killed Mohammad Reza Zahedi, a top commander in the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC), according to a report in Reuters, citing a security source in Lebanon. 

Mohammed Reza Zahedi, the top commander in the Quds Force of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) for Lebanon and Syria was assassinated in an airstrike on Monday, along with his lieutenant and about five other officers, the IRGC said that night. 

Zahedi is the highest-ranking Iranian killed since the current war started, even higher than Sayyed Reza Mousavi, killed in December, The Jerusalem Post has learned.

Reuters reporters at the site in the Mezzeh district of Damascus saw emergency workers clambering atop the rubble of a destroyed building inside the diplomatic compound, adjacent to the main embassy building. Emergency vehicles were parked outside. An Iranian flag hung from a pole in front of the debris.:snip:

11 minutes ago, Valin said:

its-time-to-party.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=dca

My fear is of retaliation to the State if Israel by Iran. Could start an awful chain reaction of violence of both small and large countries.

3 minutes ago, Geee said:

My fear is of retaliation to the State if Israel by Iran. Could start an awful chain reaction of violence of both small and large countries.

They're gonna do that anyways. Actually they Have been already.  Where do you think Hezbollah & Hamas get their weapons/money?

54 minutes ago, Valin said:

They're gonna do that anyways. Actually they Have been already.  Where do you think Hezbollah & Hamas get their weapons/money?

I realize that, but they could have done worse and done it in an obvious manner so as to force involvement from the international community. I believe an actual bomb to Israel would do that. 

7 minutes ago, Geee said:

I realize that, but they could have done worse and done it in an obvious manner so as to force involvement from the international community. I believe an actual bomb to Israel would do that. 

They might. One of the things that would stop  them is actually 2) 1. The Arabs counties Hate Them because, they're not Arab, and  they're Shia. This is years ago. The Israelis wanted to move a submarine from The Med to the Red Sea. Egypt said fine use the Suez canal, just do it at night. The Saudis told  the Israelis if they wanted to Bomb Iran, feel free to use their air space,  just  keep quiet about it. they may not like The Jews, but  they hate The Persians. .2 (related to the 1st.) The IDF.   There are plans at IDF HQ, about Bombing Iran. I guarantee you they are updated all the time. The Mullahs are Evil, but not Stupid. 

CIA 'warns Iran will attack Israel within 48 hours' as revenge for consulate strike

The CIA has warned Israel that Iran will attack the country in the next 48 hours, it has been reported.

Israel killed two Iranian military commanders with a strike on Tehran's consulate in the Syrian capital Damascus this week.

Iran vowed that it would take revenge for the attack, and now foreign media is reporting that US intelligence is fearful of an attack on Israel.

Iran is said to be planning a combined attack with a "rain" of drones and missiles fired from its bases at strategic locations inside Israel, according to Al Mayadeen.

This comes after US officials raised fears that the Israeli strike could lead to a wider war in the Middle East.:snip: