Joe Biden had $7.5 billion to spend on 500,000 EV charging stations. He has built ... 7

Geee

American Thinker

Way back in 2021, Joe Biden vowed to spend $7.5 billion of our taxpayer dollars to build 500,000 electric vehicle charging stations. The greenie future was just around the corner, he assured, soon everyone would be driving an electric vehicle, and the future was so bright, we'd have to wear shades. 

Now that his term is ending, how's that going?

According to the Washington Post:

President Biden has long vowed to build 500,000 electric vehicle charging stations in the United States by 2030. Those stations, the White House said, would help Americans feel confident purchasing and driving electric cars, and help the country cut carbon pollution.

But now, more than two years after Congress allocated $7.5 billion to help build out those stations, only 7 EV charging stations are operational across four states. And as the Biden administration rolls out its new rules for emissions from cars and trucks — which will require a lot more electric cars and hybrids on the road — the sluggish build-out could slow the transition to electric cars.

“I think a lot of people who are watching this are getting concerned about the timeline,” said Alexander Laska, deputy director for transportation and innovation at the center-left think tank Third Way.

Seems his call to leave it to him to turn our economy green isn't working out quite like he thought it would work out.:snip:

SDwaters

If I did my math right, $7.5 billion for 500,000 stations works out to $15K per station.  That seems pretty high.

It's like "housing for the homeless".  If you ever break it down on a per unit basis, the typical proposal will work out to be more than most people pay for a single family house.

• Shocked 1

22 minutes ago, SDwaters said:

If I did my math right, $7.5 billion for 500,000 stations works out to $15K per station.  That seems pretty high.

It's like "housing for the homeless".  If you ever break it down on a per unit basis, the typical proposal will work out to be more than most people pay for a single family house.

Well, if you re-do your math for 7 stations instead of 500,000, each station must be housed in the Taj-Mahal.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Geee said:
American Thinker

President Biden has long vowed to build 500,000 electric vehicle charging stations in the United States by 2030. Those stations, the White House said, would help Americans feel confident purchasing and driving electric cars, and help the country cut carbon pollution.

I'm Still waiting for someone to explain (small words please) how driving  Electric  cars will stop carbon pollution? This of course assumes carbon pollution is a Real Urgent Problem.

I also wonder if people understand in large parts of the country in Dec., Jan., Feb., Mar. it get a bit nippy,, one might say Brisk 4 months out of the year. Cold Temps and Batteries do not play well together.

27 minutes ago, Valin said:

I'm Still waiting for someone to explain (small words please) how driving  Electric  cars will stop carbon pollution? This of course assumes carbon pollution is a Real Urgent Problem.

I also wonder if people understand in large parts of the country in Dec., Jan., Feb., Mar. it get a bit nippy,, one might say Brisk 4 months out of the year. Cold Temps and Batteries do not play well together.

C'mon Bud. Follow the science. (down the rabbit hole)

1 hour ago, Geee said:

C'mon Bud. Follow the science. (down the rabbit hole)

Is  it warm there in Jan.?

6 hours ago, Valin said:

Is  it warm there in Jan.?

Depends on high far down you go:explode:

• Haha 2