Lieberman slams ‘outrageous’ Schumer speech: ‘I can’t ever remember anything like it’

Geee

The Hill

Founding chair of political organization No Labels and former Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) slammed Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D) for a speech he made earlier this week in which he called for new elections in Israel.

“[F]or a U.S. Senator, let alone a majority leader, let alone the highest-ranking Jewish elected official in Washington, to tell Israelis that it’s time to get rid of [Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu], that’s outrageous,” Lieberman said in an interview with radio host John Catsimatidis on “The Cats Roundtable” on WABC 770 AM that aired Sunday.

The former Connecticut senator also referred to the speech as a “mistake” and said that he “can’t ever remember anything like it.”

On Thursday, Schumer gave what he called a “major address” in which he said that Netanyahu’s “highest priority is the security of Israel,” but that he has “lost his way.”:snip:

• 1 month later...

Bernie says Hold My Beer.

Apr 25, 2024
In a video released to social media, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) slammed Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu and Israel's conduct in its war with Hamas.