Senate Democrats Block Bill That Would Ban Illegal Immigrants From Voting

Geee

TownHall

With the 2024 presidential election coming up and millions of illegal aliens storming the southern border, Republicans are taking a stand from letting another 2020 election happen.

However, Democrats are trying to squash the GOP’s efforts of upholding election integrity.

This week, Senate Democrats shot down proposed legislation that would exclude illegal immigrants from being counted on the census for the purposes of apportionment for House seats and the Electoral College.

Proposed by Sen. Bill Hagerty (R-TN) to add an amendment to the $460 billion spending package, the legislation would require the Census Bureau to include a U.S. citizenship question in any future census. It would ban any illegal immigrants and non- U.S. Citizens from being counted for congressional district and Electoral College apportionment.

However, 51 Democrats and Independents voted against the bill.

45 Republicans voted in favor of the legislation with the exception of Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska). :snip:

Related

Are The Republicans Getting Ready For The Election Legal Fight Or Are They Blowing It Again
Kurt Schlichter
Mar 11, 2024

(Snip)

So, what’s going on? What is the Republican lawfare plan? Well, Ronna McDaniel insists that the RNC has 70+ lawsuits going on out there. I don’t believe her, but let’s assume that’s true. Who’s in charge of this massive operation? It’s not going to be the RNC’s general counsel. As general counsel of the RNC, Michael Whatley was responsible for the RNC’s own legal work, and now he’s one of the new co-chairs. The other co-chair is Donald Trump’s daughter-in-law, Lara Trump, and hopefully she’s been burned hard enough in the past to want to get this right.

But are the Republicans getting this right? A bunch of random lawsuits is not a legal operation. It’s a bunch of random lawsuits. Here’s how I know if an operation is going to be unsuccessful. I ask who is in charge, and I don’t get an answer. Well, that’s what I did at CPAC. I asked around and a whole bunch of big wheels in Republican politics did the same thing when I asked who is in charge of fighting the legal battle and coordinating it across the country. They shrugged. They don’t know. They have no idea who’s in charge or what the plan is, or even if there’s a plan at all.

See, that’s bad. 

(Snip)