Three House Republicans changed their minds and decided they aren’t ready to leave Washington

Geee

Washington Examiner

Three House Republicans have changed their minds about leaving Capitol Hill recently, reversing previous decisions to join the long list of retirements.

Reps. Mark Green (R-TN), Victoria Spartz (R-IN), and Matt Rosendale (R-MT) all announced they would seek reelection to the House after pushes from fellow politicians and their constituents.

Green, the House Homeland Security chairman, announced on Feb. 14, after he led the House in the impeachment of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, that he would retire from Congress at the end of his term.

Green initially claimed that the United States and Congress were “broken beyond most means of repair” and would not seek a fourth term. However, he flipped his decision on Thursday, citing support from former President Donald Trump, his constituents, and colleagues such as Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) as his main motivation.

“I realized once again: I had a duty to my country to fulfill. I will be running for re-election so I can be here on Day 1 next year to help President Trump end this border crisis once and for all,” Green said in a statement.:snip: