Biden Visits One Of Border’s Slowest Sectors To Blame Congress, Talk Climate Change

Geee

Daily Caller

President Joe Biden took his second-ever trip to the U.S.-Mexico border on Thursday, visiting one of the slowest sectors of the state, blaming Congress for failing to pass border initiatives while also touching on climate change.

Biden made his trip Thursday, the same day former President Donald Trump visited Eagle Pass, Texas, and met with state Republican Gov. Greg Abbott. The president visited Brownsville, Texas, which encounters some of the fewest illegal immigrants in the state. As Biden faces backlash for his handling of the border crisis, he opened his remarks by discussing climate change in relation to the wildfires scorching parts of Texas and Oklahoma.

“I’ve flown over a lot of these wildfires since I’ve been president, as a matter of fact, I’ve helicoptered in the west, in the southwest, in the northwest,” Biden began. “I’ve flown over more land burned to the ground, all the vegetation gone than this entire state of Maryland square footage. The idea that there’s no such thing as climate change, I love that man. I love some of my neanderthal friends who still think there is no climate change.”

“Well my administration is going to keep building on the progress we’ve made fighting climate crisis to keep, help folks rebuild themselves in the wake of these disasters,” Biden continued.:snip:

Joe Biden’s White House Begins Referring to Illegal Aliens as ‘Newcomers’

President Joe Biden’s White House has begun referring to border crossers and illegal aliens as “newcomers and “people who are in the country” — a terminology distinction that conflicts with federal immigration law.

On Thursday — while promoting a Senate bill to preserve his catch and release network at the United States-Mexico border — Biden’s White House made a passing reference to border crossers and illegal aliens, calling them “newcomers” to the U.S.

The White House fact sheet on the Senate bill reads:

The bill also includes $1.4 billion for cities and states who are providing critical services to newcomers, and would expedite work permits for people who are in the country and qualify. [Emphasis added]

Earlier this month, in a similar press release on the Senate bill, Biden’s White House touted billions that the legislation would provide to cities and states accepting these so-called “newcomers.”

The Biden administration has made it a point to rid the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) of all references to “illegal aliens” or “illegal immigrants,” instead demanding officials use “more inclusive” terms like “noncitizens” and “undocumented individual.”:snip:

Border Patrol Union Slams Biden, Praises Trump

Even as Joe Biden finally pays a token visit to the border amidst his increasingly disastrous border crisis, the Border Patrol Union had a few choice words for the senile meanderer-in-chief, especially compared to his predecessor.

While the National Border Patrol Council (also called Border Patrol Union on social media) reportedly lent lukewarm support to controversial and problematic bipartisan border legislation, calling it “far better than the status quo,” the Union does not want Biden to weaponize its name to gin up support for the Democrats’ plans. As both Biden and GOP presidential frontrunner Donald Trump head to the border on Feb. 29, the Union had a message for the former: “Attention President Biden: Keep our name out of your mouth today.”

That wasn’t all. The Border Patrol Union had both sarcastic mockery and serious complaints to fire at Biden on Twitter/X. 

“In an effort to invigorate him for his border visit, WH staff reportedly tells Biden that Brownsville is a new ice cream flavor,” the Union joked, referring to Biden’s destination in Texas, where Reuters reported that Biden planned to blame Republicans for his border crisis. Trump, meanwhile, went to Eagle Pass, Texas, long considered an epicenter of the illegal alien influx.:snip: