Monument Desecration in the U.S.: “If It’s Not Love….” By Philip Dickey, MD February 6, 2024 Blog

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

Monument Desecration in the U.S.: “If It’s Not Love….”

By Philip Dickey, MD February 6, 2024 Blog

What do pro-Israel Jewish Americans, Italian Americans, and American Southerners have in common?  First and most obviously, they have proud traditions based on Judeo-Christian ethics.  Judaism, Catholicism, and Protestantism, the predominant religions in the groups, share belief in God though there are many and complex variations in their beliefs and practices.  Second, another important thing they have in common is that their cultures are increasingly under attack in America, particularly with respect to removal and desecration of their monuments and symbols.

In December, 2023, a pro-Palestinian protester scaled a large menorah on the town green in New Haven, Connecticut, and placed a Palestinian flag in the candles.  In Oakland, California, an 11-foot menorah was broken and thrown into a lake.  In Juno, Florida, a menorah made of sand was destroyed.  According to the Anti-Defamation League, antisemitic incidents are up 360% from a year ago, including 553 acts of vandalism, many involving synagogues.:snip: https://www.abbevilleinstitute.org/monument-desecration-in-the-u-s-if-its-not-love/

@Draggingtree

You get rid of the statues monuments and symbols soon people forget THEN you get to rewrite history to your liking.

According to the Anti-Defamation League, antisemitic incidents are up 360% from a year ago, including 553 acts of vandalism, many involving synagogues

I  have to admit I am surprised and dismayed that this is happening in My Country at his level.  I shouldn't (given I'm always saying HISTORY HISTORY  HISTORY) bu I am. Ya know We think "We've moved beyond That whatever That is now." But we haven't. The old sins are just waiting below the surface.

IMO THE Best, most insightful film in the last couple of years. I rarely use the phrase MUST SEE. Nefarious is a MUST SEE!