'Mandalorian' Actress Gina Carano Sues Disney With Elon Musk: "Enough Is Enough"

Geee

Real Clear Politics

Actress and mixed martial arts performer Gina Carano, who co-starred in the first season of Disney's 'The Mandalorian,' on Tuesday talked to FOX News host Jesse Watters on Disney's treatment of her following her unceremonious exit due to political comments making jokes about trans. Carano said she never said anything with "ill intent," that "enough is enough" and that with the help of Elon Musk, she will now be suing Disney.

WATTERS: Why do you think after all of the things said and done by actors and actresses of all political stripes, you were specifically targeted?

CARANO: That's a good question. I think maybe because I am a bit unassuming. I am easy to work with. And I think sometimes you know if you asked anyone on the set they would say you know I was the most non controversial person. I think as we have seen all over America, a lost us are getting sick and tired, and so I think that I was a bit unassuming in standing up. And I think that's why I was targeted.

WATTERS: What have you learned from all of this? You were on one of the biggest perches in the entertainment field and now the next day you're canceled.

CARANO: What I have learned is if this can happen to me, this can happen to anyone. I am, I'm easy to work with. I'm passionate about what we do. I'm always excited to be on set. I even worked with them as much as I could to resolve any issues that they had. Eventually, you have a line and when that line is crossed you have to say enough, enough is enough. If I look back on, on what -- if I would of caved and I would have done something that disrespected myself then I wouldn't be doing any favors to the next generation, to my nieces, to your children. :snip:

• Like 1