Liberals have a new Supreme Court target and you won't believe who it is

Geee

Fox News

"I live in frustration ... To be almost 70 years old, this isn’t what I expected." Those words from Justice Sonia Sotomayor appear to resonate with some liberals, but not in the way intended by the jurist. Some activists and journalists are beginning to nudge Sotomayor to leave the Court in order to be replaced by a younger jurist, much as was done to Justice Stephen Breyer in 2021 and 2022.

On CNN, journalist Josh Barro bluntly wondered why Sotomayor remains on the bench when younger jurists could be brought on to guarantee a liberal vote for years to come. He indicated that many liberals are frustrated with her for not stepping down: "I find it a little bit surprising, given what Justice Sotomayor describes there about the stakes of what is happening before the Supreme Court, that she’s not retired. She's 69 years old, she’s been on the court for 15 years."

Sotomayor gave her frank assessment of being "tired" and "frustrated" during an appearance at the University of California, Berkeley Law School. She suggested that the Supreme Court's conservative majority contributes to her daily burden. It was a notable interview not only for its content but for its moderator, UC Berkeley Law Dean Erwin Chemerinsky. 

Chemerinsky previously shocked many in the legal community by denouncing Sotomayor's six conservative colleagues as "partisan hacks." In response to Chemerinsky's probing, Sotomayor took an implied swipe at her colleagues and declared: "I live in frustration. Every loss truly traumatizes me in my stomach and in my heart. But I have to get up the next morning and keep on fighting."

:snip:

1 hour ago, Geee said:
Fox News

Sotomayor gave her frank assessment of being "tired" and "frustrated" during an appearance at the University of California, Berkeley Law School. She suggested that the Supreme Court's conservative majority contributes to her daily burden. It was a notable interview not only for its content but for its moderator, UC Berkeley Law Dean Erwin Chemerinsky.

Now she knows how Conservatives feel for the last 50 years.

1 hour ago, Geee said:

On CNN, journalist Josh Barro bluntly wondered why Sotomayor remains on the bench when younger jurists could be brought on to guarantee a liberal vote for years to come.

Everyone is expendable in service to "The Party".