Biden opens up lead on Trump amid growing gender gap: Quinnipiac poll

Geee

The Hill

President Biden has opened up a 6 point lead in a hypothetical head-to-head match-up with former President Trump, new polling shows, amid signs of a growing gender gap in support for the two party front-runners. 

A new Quinnipiac University national poll found Biden with 50 percent support among registered voters, ahead of Trump’s 44 percent. 

That’s a shift in the incumbent’s favor from December, when Quinnipiac found the same Biden-Trump hypothetical “too close to call,” with Biden at 47 percent support and Trump at 46 percent. 

Biden also scored majority support among independents in the latest findings, with 52 percent support to Trump’s 40 percent.

The poll additionally found a growing gender gap when it comes to support for the current and former presidents as they each run for a second White House term.

Fifty-eight percent of women say they support Biden, up from 53 percent in December. 

At the same time, 53 percent of men say they support Trump, “largely unchanged” from 51 percent in December. :snip:

th-1202659948.jpeg.ea374ef757b3abadd06f06df71e39a4e.jpeg

I found this absolutely embarrassing to my gender and I also want to know if they surveyed the 20 or so other genders.

• Like 1